Main Menu

Prog 1566 - Endgame

Started by thinky, 03 December, 2007, 10:30:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thinky

enjoyable if lightweight wrap-up prog this week, complete with mike carroll's interesting take on a sci-fi classic twist in time-twisters

however i have to note that e-progs are on their way courtesy of mr tharg and clickwheel...

thinky
you think this isn't me? that's so sweet...
//http://www.adverseCamber.co.uk

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

thinky

are you saying that you're wanting spoilers, or that i should spoiler what i've written? it's hard to pick out the true meaning from your verbose polite request...

in any casethe cover isn't up yet, but when it is it will appear here replacing the red X

thinkyhttp://www.2000adonline.com/covers/2000ad/hires/1566.jpg">
you think this isn't me? that's so sweet...
//http://www.adverseCamber.co.uk

Bad Andy

Ends of Mandroid & Button Man were slightly unsatisfying.

FS & BB were very enjoyable. Red Seas ends well enough.

Bring on Prog 2008 (but can I have the issue without Kingdom in it please).

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Goaty

Batman's Superior Cousin

This is a spoiler thread. I like stories to be spoiled before reading them. I apologise if I annoyed/offended you in any way.
Texts from Last Night

TordelBack

I like stories to be spoiled before reading them.

Technically, would they be spoiled if you enjoyed them?

vzzbux

Cover ok nothing to shout about.

Dredd had an alright ending with nate taking the cowards way out. Still had incompitent Judges in background running straight for armed soldiers with no cover, weapons pointing away from perps. At least the prog got his just deserts. Whittle got abit bitchy at the end Meowwww.

Loved the time twisters, Adolf and Eva, you gotta laugh.

Twisted Tails was more understandable this time but do we need two short stories on one prog. I know its just filling for the big 2008 but still.

Button Man didn't finish violent enough for me but you cant have everything in life.

Red Seas just leaves me wanting more, at least Jack is still Knocking about.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Matt Timson

Pffft...

Batman's Superior Cousin

I find it enjoyable to be spoiled and then reading/watching to see for myself.
Texts from Last Night

Byron Virgo

Congrats to Mike for the excellent little Time Twister - and not a bad effort by Gary Erskine either - and just think, in years to come I'll be able to tell any potential kids that I might somehow have obtained that I once knew the famous Mr. Carroll (not the Peter Pan one, obviously)...

:-)

Mike Carroll

Thanks Byron!

But... Peter Pan? Do you, perhaps, mean Alice?

-- Mike "please buy my books" Carroll

DavidXBrunt

All things considered that was a blinding prog, that was.

Dredd and Button Man finish off nicely, indeed the last panel of Dredd was the highlight of the series.  I'd not be averse to seeing an Adele spin off from Button Man some time, and maybe the return of Ransome for Harrys continuing adventures.

Bob Bakers Bit (I know) was clearer this time around and much more fun. I liked.

Future shock made me laugh out loud at the end, and was a humorously told, albeit familiar, tale. The change to colour was spoiled by my scanning the prog. How did other readers find that?

Red Seas was the perfect finale to the prog, a great ending and a great set up for future tales. Perfect, really, but I still want me more Red Seas, and soon.

Byron Virgo

"But... Peter Pan? Do you, perhaps, mean Alice?"

Damn, blast and buggeration! I've been reviewing the Black Dossier and my brain's become muddled with disparate authors (at least, that's my story, and I'm sticking to it!)