Main Menu

The Grauniad of Nox?

Started by The Amstor Computer, 04 February, 2008, 04:12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Amstor Computer

Picked up my papers this morning and had a quick flick through the Guardian G2 supplement only to be confronted with a pic of Doomlord being compared to Rudy Giuliani. It was submitted by Gareth MacLean, a name I'm sure I recognise from here, so own up - which one of you was it?

Gave me a giggle anyway :-)

mogzilla

have i actually got here first?

cover showing treasure steel with lawgivers pointing at her in bed next to a bloody corpse!
Nice filler dredd tale about a case of creds that gets shuffled around

part 3 of alan grant interview

armitage- following a first page manga/lesbian action(one for arris arris'thread no doubt. treasure wakes up next to dead woman

goerge romero interview

bob the galactic bumming around -i cant get into this at all

the paul grist guide to self publishing
tempest and some rats

nice issue cant be arsed going into depth as ive got ebay items ending soooon!

Buttonman

He is not one of the 30 'Gareth's or the single 'Maclean' on the letters database so he's obviously started writing to the basics before moving on to the main event.

Did they mention Doomlord by name or was he just a sample alien used to illustrate the article? I bet if you showed his masky face to 100 people you'd get nary the one who'd say 'That's Doomlord A.K.A Eric Plumrose'.

The Amstor Computer

It was just the "Cast them as cousins" feature at the end of the supplement and they did indeed mention him by name, using the classic rubber mask pic from the cover of the Doomlord collection.

BTW - it was actually Gareth McLean, and I'm positive it's someone here (DumbLad?)

Buttonman

Nah, the nearest I have is a Gordon Mclean of Greenock who had 9 in between 1999-2001. Of course it is just possible that he could be a reader and boarder and not had a letter published.

Roger Godpleton

Isn Gareth McLean one of their regular columnists?
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

The Amstor Computer

Ah, could be - still, nice to see Earth's Protector in the (no-longer) broadsheets...

ThryllSeekyr

Another book that I am currently waiting for on Ebay.

Is there only one volume?

maryanddavid

its on ebay as we speak, shameless pimping!
Cheers

David

Link: http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=320214976276&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=011" target="_blank">13th Floor and Doomlord linky

ThryllSeekyr

Yes, that is the one that I ordered on Ebay nearly about a month ago. David and Mary are the sellers. Initially, I just wanted 'Thirteenth Floor', but I noticed 'Doomlord' was included as well and became vey intrigued with it after reading it's synopsis.

I figured they should both arive around about now.....

I'm alittle suspicous that the exact same two books are still for sale.

I am also wondering Metalzoic I brought from GreyPilgrim as well. It's still advertised.

I might have a word with the sellers and double check the item numbers as well.

maryanddavid

If It you, i think I posted them on the 14th of jan, I imaging you should have them by now(austrailia?)  If you dont get them, drop me a line and Ill send some more on.

Cheers

David

ThryllSeekyr

Oh, I'm sory, I didn't see your name up there.

You may have noticed that I've got the same Icon here and on Ebay.

Both those Gn's must be fairly common  ( I'm pretty sure 'Thirteenth Floor' is.) if I you have few copies available.

I won't worry just yet.

They may arrive today or sometime later this weekor fortnight I hope.

I was just going to send you another Ebay message asking you still appear to have them on sale.

Silly me if you have more copies.

Now I'm alittle more suspicous about the bloke selling me the 'Metalzoic' GN. I beleive them to be more rare as they are said to be out of print. He's appears to have a few more of these as well. Which doesn't right.

Anyway, if I find that I still don't have those books within the month. I will let you know.

I 'm not which Mail service I payed for. Priority or Surface?

If it is surface, then I could be waiting another two months.

ThryllSeekyr

Oh, I'm sory, I didn't see your name up there.

You may have noticed that I've got the same Icon here and on Ebay.

Both those Gn's must be fairly common  ( I'm pretty sure 'Thirteenth Floor' is.) if I you have few copies available.

I won't worry just yet.

They may arrive today or sometime later this weekor fortnight I hope.

I was just going to send you another Ebay message asking you still appear to have them on sale.

Silly me if you have more copies.

Now I'm alittle more suspicous about the bloke selling me the 'Metalzoic' GN. I beleive them to be more rare as they are said to be out of print. He's appears to have a few more of these as well. Which doesn't right.

Anyway, if I find that I still don't have those books within the month. I will let you know.

I 'm not which Mail service I payed for. Priority or Surface?

If it is surface, then I could be waiting another two months.

Peter Wolf

"If you dont get them, drop me a line and Ill send some more on."

I want to put my name forward if you need someone to go over there.I am a moron and i am very reliable.

PW

[I wish you got typos like this more often !]

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

maryanddavid

Heh, very good, didnt spot that.
I am the publisher Thryllseekyr, this is some stock I have left.