Main Menu

rude relatives

Started by mogzilla, 11 April, 2008, 11:40:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W. R. Logan

ahh the joy of families. After leaving the army I made sure I lived far enough away that none of my family could ever drop in and after living here for 15 years theyve never set foot in my house.

Floyd-the-k

strewth! I have plenty of gripes and mad relatives, but at least mine ask before they drop in.  My Japanese rellos aren't bad because they're very polite and if I offend them, I don't understand it until months later

Peter Wolf

In the car with Mum and Dad:

"Can you speed up a bit ?"

"I am already doing 80 "

"It just seems a bit slow"

"Do you want me to drive ?"

"Shut up"

"I am sure its not this way,you should have taken that last turning"

"Where was the F****** signpost for the turning then ?I didnt see it !"

"You always do this ! "

"No i dont ,you cant just shut up and  not say anything"

"Stop the car .I am driving from now on."

"No you are not"

Myself: "Will you just sort it out because i am getting sick of listening to you !"
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

House of Usher

For the past 18 years I've maintained a good 200 miles between myself and my family, which has kept visits from them to a minimum.

I've seen a lot more of my in-laws than I've seen of my own family in that time, despite their living a similar distance away. My parents-in-law do a lot more visiting, and they've given us a lot of practical help over the years.

My sister-in-law I can't stand, though. It's far too much to go into, but suffice it to say she's a bit of a loony and she uses everybody she comes into contact with to further her own ends.

My girlfriend's stepfather, who I call my father-in-law, is very generous with his help and knows a lot about radiators, carpentry, cement, carpets and screw fixings, and I've learned a lot from him, but is incredibly rude to people in shops and restaurants. He has also upset people at work with his brusque and off-hand manner, lack of diplomacy and odd sense of humour. You really can't take him anywhere because he'll say things that will embarrass you and upset everybody else.

Last week it was my girlfriend's birthday and we were going out for dinner. I had to leave for work at 4pm, and they had to collect me before 9pm and go straight to the restaurant on the way home. Her stepfather was complaining about being hungry, despite the fact that while I'd been at work they'd all been at home and could have had something to tide them over. At the restaurant we were served by a polite waiter who came and told us because they were busy it might be 5 minutes before he could take our order. He could have said nothing and got away with it. Anyway, that got my father-in-law's back up. We ordered drinks and food, and the drinks came very quickly. When the waiter came past again he asked "is everyone alright for drinks?", and was answered in a grumpy tone with "yeah, we just need some food." Well, the waiter knew that. He'd taken our order and the kitchen was dealing with it! It set the tone for the rest of the meal, and my father-in-law was rude to the waiter every time he appeared: his chips were too salty, when his meal arrived it was "about time". Then he was rude when he joked with the people who sat behind us where he'd left his jacket draped over the chair behind him. He jokingly told them not to go through his pockets when he wasn't looking, when he could have just moved his jacket.
STRIKE !!!

Peter Wolf

I love this thread.

When i was a first year i was having problems with the form teacher who was a bit odd.

Told my mum about this and she came up to the school unannounced ,found the right classroom that i was in when the form teacher was there ,came into the classroom during the lesson,chewed out the teacher,and left the room again and slammed the door !

Thanks Mum.

mogzilla

glad its not just me ..when the mum in law shuffles off the mortal coil we may move ..and not tell anyone!!!

mogzilla

glad  tis not just me! when mum in law shuffles off the mortal coil we may move...and tell no one!!!

mogzilla

damn the little thumbs up guy he hid!!!

-Dunk!-

I have a very small family (brother, sister + nephew, mum) who by luck and work commitments all live at the various points of the compass around this fair isle with me, landlocked of Leam, in the middle. Means lots of phonecalls, the odd xmas get-together and no surprise visits. Bliss.

The rest of the family disowned my mum when she dared to get divorced in the 70's. It's meant some quiet weddings, but some great funeral punch ups. :)

House of Usher

Very early on in my acaquaintance with her step-father, we all four went to a restaurant, and after the main course when his chocolate fudge cake arrived he said to the waiter, in a tone that was not pleasant and quite unecessary, "where's the ice cream?" The waiter replied "but you ordered chocolate fudge cake." So he says "chocolate fudge cake always comes with ice cream!", to which the waiter replies "if you'd like some icecream with your chocolate fudge cake I can get you some."

So embarrassing. Every. Single. Time.
STRIKE !!!

ThryllSeekyr

Despite my unmarried status... how lucky or unlucky enough I am to be the younger sibling, I can still relate to a few of these stories.

Though I won't devulge much at the moment.

I will say that the few times I have had a visiter who might be a friend or cousin come barging through my bedroom door unexpected, unannounced just to say G'day. I found this particully annoying as I consider my bedroom/office/apartment to be the last bastion, a place where I can feel absolutley safe from anytype of chaos from without. Under these circumstances, I shouldn't complain to much as this isn't my biggest problem.

I still live in my parents house, though I pay board and because of this I still expect that some sercurity measures be taken to unsure that I and my belongings are safe.

Which is why get annoyed when things go missing or that somet hings have been tampered with.

As it is, I am now careful about what I leave lying when ever I go out as it may not be there when I go back. Lately I have been very paranoid about this.

I could go on here, but I won't. Some of my other problems mirror some of the others mentioned on this thread already.

Roger Godpleton

Wow, I thought I was the only one.

I'm the eldest of five, and at school everyone thought this number was huge, and there were playground jokes aplenty. (Nothing malicious though, and there was only one accusation of Catholicism).

I've had disagreements with all of my sibs, but with one exception, I can't say that I hate any of them. I'm not sure what the future holds, but I look forward to seeing them once every year.

There is one exception however, and he's a pretty big exception. I won't go into too much detail out of respect for my parents and siblings (plus I'd be on here all day), but basically think middle-class chav. I feel sorry for him sometimes but there's been way too many broken promises and betrayals of the goodwill shown by others (that includes teachers, youth workers and probation officers etc.) for me or anyone else to feel too much sympathy for me.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Tiplodocus

This is nothing; wait until your kids grow up and are rude, ignorant, messy, selfish, expect you to wait on them hand and foot, lazy, do absolutely NOTHING to help out and then moan because you don't give them a lift to their mate who lives less than a mile away.

I blame the parents.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Peter Wolf

I never got lifts anywhere except school .

I was forced/expected to pull my weight and clean cars inside and out,do gardening [which i hated then ] clean windows , wash up,chop or saw firewood ,sweep up,feed the cats,walk the dog,post letters,unpack and help with shopping.

I was never "mothered" as such or mollycoddled and all the better for it as well.

I think thats it.

SuperSurfer

Being rude to waiters/waitresses.

Never a good idea.