Main Menu

MacGyver...the movie

Started by johnnystress, 06 May, 2008, 11:10:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnystress

for the luvva...

Today at Maker Faire 2008, MacGyver creator (and real life inspiration) Lee David Zlotoff announced he has a big budget MacGyver movie in the planning stages.

Zlotoff mentioned he somehow ended up with the movie rights years ago (extremely uncommon), giving him full control over the film. While few specifics were mentioned, and no formal announcement has been made, its extremely promising that the man with the power to make the film is getting the ball rolling. The question is...do you bring back Richard Dean Anderson as old MacGyver, or bring in a younger, Christian Bale-type to reprise the role of makeshift gadget god?

Link: http://gizmodo.com/386877/holy-crap-macgyver-blockbuster-film-coming" target="_blank">LINK

the shutdown man

It's gotta be Anderson. Anyone else and it just seems like James Bond Jr.

Besides, from what I've seen of Stargate SG-1, Anderson doesn't seem to be too old for decent roles, I'm sure he could still handle it.
You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

+rufus+

I loved Macgyver! The things he could do with chewing gum, and his swiss army knife.

Mind you...Post 9/11... 'I'm sorry Sir, you can't have that Swiss Army Knife..'

Bah!

Viva la Anderson!

Goaty

He brilliant in Stargate SG-1! he will be great in MacGyver, if that's possible? as it been with Ramdo, Rocky, Die-Hard 4.0, and Dirty Harry!

Dark Jimbo

Anyone see that Simpsons episode where Richard Dean Anderson turns up for a Stargate convention and gets abducted by Patty and Selma instead?

Classic stuff.
@jamesfeistdraws