Main Menu

What's Peter Milligan been up to since...?

Started by Hoagy, 27 May, 2008, 02:33:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoagy

...Since Bad Company and The DEad?

Bad Company was a solid Space war chronicle with tons of brilliantly warped ethics. all of which pictured fantastically.

The Dead, although quite difficult to follow, was full of weirdly original concepts and characters. Root was one of my favourites and if something like Root can be sympathised with then the writer is obviously someone to watch...

Did he go on to greater things?

Or did he become a slave to the weird and become incomprehensible?

"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Byron Virgo

He wrote stuff like Shade the Changing Man and Human Target for Vertigo, and X-Force/X-Statix for Marvel, as well as sundry script doctoring for Hollywood. Currently working on The Programme for Wildstorm, and a new animated series for the BBC (my best friend's sister is one of the animators).

Art

Shade was amazing up to about #50, where it probably should have ended. Since then I've been left wondering when  he's going to come back to form. X-STATIX was pretty good thoughout, the first Human Targets were awesome, but he never seems to have gotten his groove back.

Dead Signal felt very Peter Milliganesque to me, for what it's worth.

Banners

I'd agree that Shade lost its way around then, but I reckon Enigma is the equal of the Changing Man's zenith and also represents Pete's peak.

M@

Jim_Campbell

"I reckon Enigma is the equal of the Changing Man's zenith and also represents Pete's peak."

Enigma is a flat out work of genius that benefits from an absolutely perfect art job by Duncan Fegredo and should be read by, well, everybody.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

I, Cosh

Another shout out for Enigma here.

I'd always heard that Shade was actually meant to stop at number 50, then he was persuaded to keep it going until it all fizzled in the general lack of sales and quality madness that characterised that time.

Nothing else I've read - Extremist, Egypt, Minx, Human Target - really gels the way those and his best 2000AD stuff (I'd add Shadows to the two originally mentioned) does.

Been getting The Programme but it seems a bit of a mess to be honest. Although the poor art might be clouding my judgement there.
We never really die.

+rufus+

He's playing Tennis in Muswell Hill.

scutfink

Currently working on a new animated series for the BBC

...tell...
...me...
...more...

Hoagy

"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
Previously Krombasher.

maryanddavid

Skreemer is one of my favourite comics ever. I love the way that the art is impossible to tell whether its Dillon or Ewins, the styles are so well blended.
I wonder if mr PJ ever found out if Pete Milligan is Irish as stated on wiki.

Cheers

David

+rufus+

Pete's second Generation, as is Brendan McCarthy (Co.Claire).

Brett's family are Welsh.

Ruf

Adrian Bamforth

In Bristol Karen Berger from Vertigo mentioned he was writing something new for them, though she could have been refering to Wildstorm.

Satanist

I've bought all the issues of The Programme so far and aint read one. I'll read it all in one go next month.

Enigma was and is excellent in every way.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Hoagy

I've only read on or two Shades.

I didn't know he was inclined to write about sexuality more than not. You don't see that in his tooth stuff.

I just read a review of Enigma. The art by Ferodono chappy is particularly good as is the twist regrettably spoiled some what by the review. Still the 3 characters have some mystery to them still.

Having a bit of a renaissance with Vertigo is he?
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
Previously Krombasher.

Art

Well, had one, at any rate. In the mid 90s.