Main Menu

2000ad Trading Cards

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 27 June, 2008, 09:55:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Large48

Critter, I have to agree with you, quality wise I have no issues.

Content wise its a bit piss poor, especially as they is so much they could use for chase sets etc.

Value wise its been a complete rip off, the ONLY reason I bought a case was, and I quote here,

"A bonus envelope of 2 additional sketch cards comes free with each sealed case with artists exclusive to the case bonus."

These two artists where meant to be Kevin Graham and Ingrid Hardy.

As I never received my envelope (did anyone else?) paying £280 for basically 6 sketch cards, 4 chase sets, a binder and lots of base sets seems very, very expensive!!!

Or was I just unlucky again?!?!?!!?

:angry:
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

TheEdge

They shipped me a couple of boxes ( wasnt gonna splash out on a case right now) on friday

i cant w8...........................hope they get here soooon.
"Save Trees, Eat Beavers"
"Animal Rights: Animals have the right to be tasty"

critter

Seems that I've made a mistake, today I recieved the cards from Pete and earlier I got the ones from opaque. Thanks guys. I hadn't realized that I sent my addy to different boarders.

critter

Pete Wells

No bother Will, just glad you got 'em!

Dr Feeley Good

My son made this the other day on yugioh card creator which i thought was cool !.......

Dr Feeley Good

Sorry ! can't get the picture on.....

Dr Feeley Good

COMMANDO FORCES

Judge boots

How long do the strictly ink cards take to arrive...
I know they are only cards but the artwork is great and I kind of felt like reconnecting with my youth one last time before I start my med school...I used to love trading cards as a kid...hence why I bought an unopened box of 95 edge movie cards from ebay...like a kid at the candy store, the smell brought back many memories, I was a kid just getting into Judge Dredd when the movie came out. great cards I figure Ill put them in my strictly ink binder if there is room and it ever arrives!!

ANYWAY...I made a complete set from my box and had a few rare cards too...no boing cards unfortunately....but I have about 150 doubles and triples... nearly a whole set again...

if anyone of you guys would cover the postage they are yours...

brand new and opened this morning...anyway if anyone is interested or has any of the rare cards as a trade let me know...

COMMANDO FORCES

My cards arrived within the week (I did ask for a specific week, as I was on holiday when they came out) but some boarders cards took quite a while. So I reckon it's all down to luck.
As for the binder, it's a bit larger than the Edge binder so there will definately be room inside for a hell of a lot more cards!

critter

I was able to get a box from eBay for less than $20. After getting I opened every pack looking for a sketch card. Well I didn't get a sketch card but about 70% of the cards were damaged, including the foils.

critter

COMMANDO FORCES

I presume some negative feedback is in order then :angry:

Devons Daddy

lovely but not buying,

i have several card sets well 2 or 3 at least while these are wonderful, i will pass this time.out.
but very well done, only the artists are slightly off as stated at times.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

ThryllSeekyr

Hmmmm.... iI found six Slaine cards if you count the two fo Ukko. Though one of them is debatable. It does look like a silhoette of Slaine weilding the sword of the moon.

Still, thsi is not yet enough persuasin to start buying trading cards again.

Not after "Magic The Gethering" and "Rage" Werewolf the Appocalpse" which must have all together cost me a few thoussand. I soldo allmy MAgic cards in a shoe box for a hundred dollars about ten years ago now.

Suprisingly, I started buying these again when I was in Sydsey over fours years ago. By then, the game rules had changed alittle and many of the cards were to be played diferently. These got stolen and I then decided not to buy any more. I think Clint Lanely had been commisoned to do a number of those.

Now if thse 2000Ad cards were to part of a game. I might interested.

Some sort omni-cross-over extravaganza.

I could just imagined character and equipment cards, cardsthat give you acess to locartionsconnected to 2000Ad cahracters.

I could just imgine the booster expansion packs for Slaine. "Warriors dawn", "Time-Killer"."Slaine the King "" Horned-God", "Time travels" "Books of Invasion".

Those would be hard to resist.

Pete Wells

Bah, on reflection, I though this trading card collection was bloody terrible. I'm not suprised the boxes are selling so cheaply now.