Main Menu

beyond 2000ad comics

Started by kertap, 06 August, 2002, 06:07:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kertap

Has anybody read the Filth written by Grant Morrison and art by chris weston. It's published by DC Vertigo. If you haven't read it go do it right now. It is absolutely amazing. The art is brilliant and the story is just so insane.

Also League of extroardinary(sp?) gentlemen volume 2 has been released. Now I haven't read the first volume yet so I haven't started the second volume so I can't comment on it.

The Amstor Computer

Yup - Issue 3 of the Filth should be hitting the shelves fairly soon as well. Bloody good stuff.

Check out 100%, Fort (for the art more than the tale) Hellboy: The Third Wish & LOEG2 - there's more on the go, but that would be a good start.

Marbles

Yep I'd agree - the US comics worth picking up right now I reckon are :
The Filth
LoXG
Catwoman (I know but trust me!)
Lone Wolf 2100
ClassWar

As for the 'Beyond 2K' slot in the Meg, I'd say no to more 'Hellboy'. Its been good - I hadnt read it before - but the slot IMO s/be more of a 'taster' for people so if they like it they can go and pick up more of it in GN form.
I'd like to see something from the booming French comic market. How about translating Pat Mills recent French stuff ???
Remember - dry hair is for squids

kertap

I got issue one of lone wolf. Bloody good stuff.

I gotta say I'm enjoying hellboy. I'd seen it in the local shop and it really has turned out to be a lot different than I expected. But I still like it.

Jayzus B. Christ

Is the Invisibles any use, does anybody know? I was a big fan of Zenith, Morrison's Batman stories and even Big Dave, but I've only skimmed through the Invisibles and not really got into it.

The Amstor Computer

Invisibles - very good, but even Morrison fans have found it a bit too much at times. Start at the beginning with the first TPB & enjoy the trip ;-)

The Amstor Computer

---I'd say no to more 'Hellboy'. Its been good - I hadnt read it before - but the slot IMO s/be more of a 'taster' for people so if they like it they can go and pick up more of it in GN form---

Well, why not reprints of the more obscure Hellboy stuff? I don't think all of the shorter HB stories have been collected, so why not try and reprint them? At 20-40 pages each, the shorter stories could fill in without outstaying their welcome.

kertap

I wouldn't mind seeing shorter hell boy stories but I agree with the whole taster idea. It works for me. I was wondering, Duram Red at the mo, is that reprint or is it new.

Oddboy

Durham Red's brand new stuff.

If they're gonna reprint the other Hellboy tales I reckon they should do it straight after the current one, rather than have him crop up randomly from time to time.
Better set your phaser to stun.