Main Menu

Dredd Suggestions

Started by Rio De Fideldo, 02 July, 2008, 11:33:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

W. R. Logan

Quote from: "TordelBack"Good list, Spartan, even if I like none of the options.  I imagine it pinned over John's writing desk, oppressing him daily.  But Logan will be along in a minute to tell is that Wagner has the whole thing worked out and never let it stress him in the first place.

Wagner has the whole thing worked out and never let it stress him in the first place.

TordelBack

Ach!  Where did he spring from!?!  Welcome back, Logan.

See, there's one avenue explored - no Long Walk is a one-way trip.

W. R. Logan

Quote from: "TordelBack"Ach!  Where did he spring from!?!  Welcome back, Logan.
See, there's one avenue explored - no Long Walk is a one-way trip.

Yup, 100 days in the widerness and I'm back, still dont like the new board but I guess were stuck with it now.

Although I may not be as grumpy as I used to be. In order to get rid of the old grumpy Logan and inject something new in to my posts I've gone for the full body transplant route, so its the old brain in a nice new younger body, just one complaint, I'm now Mrs Logan.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Spartan375

I actually believe that John Wagner has a final story ready for the time we saw Judge Dredd for the first time in Prog 2.

In the end, Dredd is hanging Judge Alvin's Badge in with other badges of those who fell defending the law.

Goodman says: "Some times i think we're all going to die like Alvin Dredd"
And Dredd answers: "Maybe, but in my book, that's the only way to go. In defense of the Law!"
Fiat Justitia Ruat Caelum

Spartan375

I sit and wrote the story i have in my mind.
I don't know how, but the i write it in a way i didn't knew i can.
I think i must take it to my English professor back at school. He never give me a good degree...

This is only a personal story, i don't want to force any one.
I deeply respect the Dredd's creators and their work all this years.
And as i say before, i think they have already a ending story.
So please accept that as my personal opinion.

The story was too large to copy paste it and post it. So i uploaded it as .txt
Here are the links for anyone who wants to download it:

1) http://www.fileshost.com/en/file/63386/ ... d-txt.html
2) http://rapidshare.com/files/151747579/A ... _Dredd.txt

Just for sure, i keep the delete links. So if anything happens, i can delete it.
Fiat Justitia Ruat Caelum

W. R. Logan

QuoteAnd as i say before, i think they have already a ending story.

I doubt if John knows what he's going to write after he's finished writing the script he's doing.

radiator

So what are you saying? That Wagner is retiring/writing his final Dredd script/killing off/retiring Dredd Senior?

PsychoGoatee

Quote from: "radiator"So what are you saying? That Wagner is retiring/writing his final Dredd script/killing off/retiring Dredd Senior?

I don't think anyone is saying that right now. Maybe in five or ten years, who knows... I hope Wagner never retires!  :mrgreen:

radiator

I think I misinterpreted Logan's post.

W. R. Logan

Quote from: "radiator"I think I misinterpreted Logan's post.

back a day and im being misinterpreted already 8-)

Mardroid

A more in depth account of the backstory of Dredd and Rico would be great. I remember reading the story of Rico's return in the first case book and it always struck me as rather sparse.

Of course they might have already written the odd nugget here and there which fills us in on this (there is a lot of backstory stuff I haven't read) but a story that is more complete and adult would be welcome.

Richard

Mardroid,

If you don't mind reading a text novel rather than a comic, you should read "Dredd Dominion" by Stephen Marley, which goes into this in more detail than any other story. At the time it was written (1994) it was completely consistent with established continuity, until Rico's story was retconned a little bit by Wagner in 2000. (Also it's a good read in its own right.)

//http://www.amazon.co.uk/Judge-Dredd-Dread-Dominion-Dredd/dp/0352329297/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1223837973&sr=8-1

JOE SOAP

Quote from: "Mardroid"A more in depth account of the backstory of Dredd and Rico would be great. I remember reading the story of Rico's return in the first case book and it always struck me as rather sparse.

That's all it needs. There was more in "Blood Cadets" in the "Brothers of the Blood" collection.

Subsplot

Rebooting Dredd's a bit problamatic as Red Razor's gave some major hints to Dredds future which either includes rejuve treatments or the creation of more Dredd clones. Personally I'm all for the clones option as I dont think this has been fully explored yet and lets face it the huge question mark over their moral allignment is going to make for some tense and exciting reading, espeshially when you consider that Dredds just going to be appossed to whole plan.