Main Menu

Electric Help Needed...Deck Lights

Started by WoD, 19 September, 2008, 12:00:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoD

Don't start eyebrows...

I'm not a leccy so I need some help...got lights on the deck (LED's - quite nice - 10 off).  As the summer has been so pss poor the wife is getting a few of her friends round in a last ditch attempt to sit outside and 'enjoy' the weather...and also to see the lights as we rarely put them on.  However, when we went to use them yesterday (they worked fine the day before), only two of the lights were working properly.

Initially only 2 of the lights nearest the transformer were lit (the rest didn't appeared to be on), then later all the lights were on, but the two nearest the transformer we considerably brighter than the rest.

Any 'bright sparks' (see what I did there) have a feel for what could be happening?  I really need to get these sorted to keep the wife happy...so thanks in advance!

TheEdge

are all the bulbs the same rating,

Are they wired into anything else.
"Save Trees, Eat Beavers"
"Animal Rights: Animals have the right to be tasty"

WoD

All the same and they are the only things running on that supply and that transformer.  It's a new thing, so I'm guessing there's a change happenend somewhere...can't figure out what though?

TheEdge

just for safety turn it off and check out as much of the wiring as you can, check for damage or if you have if fixed/tied down the ties havent cut through the sleeveing. Check the fittings too if its not too much trouble. You could have a short or if tied down a frayed bit of wiring.

Check for dead bugs/web/debree in the sockets i've seen bugs short stuff out before, and its the time of year that spiders end up in doors.
"Save Trees, Eat Beavers"
"Animal Rights: Animals have the right to be tasty"