Main Menu

Re: Genetic Infantry Names

Started by HiEx, 12 August, 2002, 10:20:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HiEx

Next question: Why does Gunnar have recoil if he's firing "Las-bolts"? Presumably these consit entirely of photons and have very little actual mass.

I always thought the G.I. rifles fired conventional bullets as I'm sure I've seen them drawn with the spent shells ejecting out of the side.

I didn't realise they were energy weapons.

HiEx

GordonR

>>Anyway: Are the new stories set before or after Gunnar got his telekenetic powers? I hope 'before' because I thought that was bloody daft.

Definitely before.

That's one of the frankly dumb ideas from the latter days of the original Nu Earth stories which we're quietly forgetting about...

Oddboy

You see, Rogue Trooper started having problems way before Fr1day got near him!  You're doing great work on Rogue: I've just read the last part of the first story - the final panel was class!

Ta!
Better set your phaser to stun.

GordonR

You're right.  Gunnar and most of the other Nu Earth weapons fire 'las-rounds', but we also see them with ammo mags, and expelling spent  bullet cartidges when they're fired etc.

Myself and the few other saddoes who think about this kind of stuff waaay too much rationlise it with the theory that the bullets in the mags are actually power charges, each one giving the gun enough power for one las-shot.  When they're used up, they're expelled from the weapon.

Smiley

For any saddoes remotely interested, here's the blurb from the 1983 Annual...

Trooper: HELM, R.M.
Serial No: 31-491/ZP/21
Southern army classification: Pathfinder 1st Class. Currently occupying No.1 slot in standard issue GI field helmet.
Personality Matrix: Not given to impulsive actions. Extraordinary sense of location and direction. Acute hearing.
Helmet Data: Impact resistance 1000 nims. CCD image receptors and audio pick-ups.
Activation of Bio-Chip: Nort Navy attack in Orange Sea.

Trooper: GUNNAR, D.G.
Serial No: 314-78/ZM/21
Southern army classification: Marksman AAA. Currently occupying No.2 slot in A/BIX Assault Rifle.
Personality Matrix: Extrovert, humourist, mildly insubordinate. Capable of linking in with rifle battle computer and activating auto-fire programs.
Rifle Data: Standard GI issue. Optical top-sight linked to side-flanking image-intensfiers for low-light operation. Firing capacity and other data held in Security File AB.
Activation of Bio-Chip: Nort ambush in Quartz Zone region. Heavy GI losses.

Trooper: BAGMAN, C.K.
Serial No: 31483/ZN/21
Southern army classification: Armourer/Weapons Instructor Grade 2. Currently occupying No.3 slot in Baker-Mark Backpack and weapons carrier.
Personality Matrix: Expert knowledge of weapons and applications. Can resent intrusion of others.
Backpack Data: Carrying capacity and contents held in Security File AB. Bio-Chip slot linked to central computer control. Can operate all backpack servo-mechanisms. CCD image receptors and audio pick-ups.
Activation of Bio-Chip: Nort ambush in Quartz Zone region.

Art

But do GIs have knackers? We need to know!

Blackwood

Oh yeah, they do have knackers. Thats what Venus, Azure and the other G.I. dolls were made for. I dunno if they can make li'l G.I.'s, but they can "rock the Gasbah".

Suddenly i feel like a character from the film "mallrats". I need to get therapy.

Quirkafleeg

>But do GIs have knackers? We need to know!

That's where the Scottish / Dutch trooper Jock Strapp would come in handy...

Slippery PD

But hwen we were all ten years old it hardly seemed impotant (:-))

Now whys that????

malkymac

Has anyone seen a film called 'Soldier' starring Kurt whatsisname from 'Escape from New York')Russel)? It is about a genetically enigeered trooper who is casually replaced by a superior model and then discarded. Eventually he has to fight the replacements and of course wins due to his combat experience. Biggest Rogue Trooper rip off you can imagine even though it is done quite well (He portrays being an emotional spastic quite well which Rogue should be like given his upbringing)

Smiley

I thought "Soldier" was more a rip-off of "Shane".