Main Menu

The Future Face of Law Enforcement?

Started by Cyber-Matt, 17 October, 2008, 05:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

Looks like the kinda stunt Marvel or DC would pull to attempt to attract new readers or get some publicity...

"IN THIS ISSUE..... *insert superhero name here* GETS A NEW COSTUME".... but in reality the change only lasts for a few pages or an issue or two before reverting back to the original... heck, even Dennis the Menace did it a few years ago.

Dredd has had a few uniform changes in the past for certain storylines... luna, bananna city etc....

Anyway, it looks pretty crappy, whatever the reason is for it.

JOE SOAP

I think it's meant to be a joke, a uniform that silly and badly designed would never be put forward as an alternative.

Buddy

Is this the issue going out at Halloween???

Maybe it's fancy dress!

IAMTHESYSTEM

Quote from: "Uncle Umpty"Is this the issue going out at Halloween???

Maybe it's fancy dress!
It sure is a horror show far as I'm concerned !
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Zarjazzer

It's certainly different. Must be for a one off or something-crimes against fashion is right! I like the actual execution of the drawing -but I don't really care for that uniform change. Looks like "Battle of the Planets" or something.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

JOE SOAP

I think it's more based on Captain America.

Dog Deever

QuoteNew look?
New uniform?
New Dredd?

No thanks.
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

Mardroid

Quote from: "garageman"Looks like Joe has a new pair of breasts.

Ha, ha! I noticed that too. He does look very well developed in the chest area doesn't he?

It's probably the tight pinny pulling up the stomach fat into a pair of man-boobs. He's not a young man any more our Joe. ;)

PsychoGoatee

Quote from: "IAMTHESYSTEM"Perhaps this is a something that was talked about on the forums a while back an 'American Dredd'. Dredd never seem to go down so well with the American audience as I think their belief in individual freedom over State control meant the future's toughest lawman would only appeal to a minority even within the vast comic book community.(

There are tons of Dredd fans in America, myself included. For the record, the comic industry in general is pretty small, and it's hard for any comics to sell well. Doesn't reflect on the mindset of the fans though!

Also, the band Anthrax from New York loves Dredd, they wrote a song about the man.  :mrgreen:

//http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rVFi6qkPHE

jakeblues69

Quote from: "psychogoatee"There are tons of Dredd fans in America, myself included.

+1

I'm Dr. Rockso, the rock and roll clown. I do cocaine! My video was banned from music television, cause you could see my junk... through my jumpsuit!

PsychoGoatee

Quote from: "jakeblues69"+1

Now we're talkin'!  :mrgreen:

Wils

Quote from: "garageman"Looks like Joe has a new pair of breasts.

Let's just hope that Joe's Lawmoobs don't have a lactate setting. ;)

The Legendary Shark

He's obviously playing the hovering full-back position in the Justice Department Aeroball Team... "I am the score!"

sorry
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

LARF

Hang on - that looks like Simon Fraser's style so I'm guessing it could be something to do with Dante?

Proudhuff

Judging by that,   Perps will definitely call them 'helmets'  now :D
DDT did a job on me