Main Menu

Role-Playing?

Started by Neheroth, 02 November, 2008, 03:26:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

QuoteTerry Oakes

Cheers, Robin!  And yes, the cover of Judgement Day was a complete steal.  Fantastic adventure though, and still a good (unused) plot.  I re-used the cratered map of Titan for many a SF outing afterwards.

paulvonscott

I don't belong to one of those radical roleplaying groups that like to out people who keep collections of strangely-sided dice under a loose floorboard, but one Jason Kingsley wrote a solo Judge Dredd adventure which you can read in the Judge Dredd companion.

ThryllSeekyr

Got all those books.

The Games Workshop version thanks to Ebay.

I beleive you could make a good Stronty game using the Judge Dredd D20 rules.

I did hear a rumor that that the rules for 'Traveller' were going to be used for the new Judge Dredd RPG game.

Sorry, to hear that the Slaine rpg appears to be dieing.

I wonder what Rebellion are planning to do with 'Mongoose Publishing'?

Find out more about Judge Dredd and Slaine here.

//http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/

ukdane

I have a copy of the Dredd RPG hardback. Bought it in Swindon in 1996 or 97 IIRC.

The unofficial Stonty RPG that was online for a period, (before IIRC one of the creators went to work for Mongoose), I have a printout of it, I might even have saved the website to my harddrive- not sure. Unfortunately, many of the printed pages are missing the right hand side of the text, but its still useable.
Cheers

-Daney

Lobo Baggins

Quote from: "ukdane"The unofficial Stonty RPG that was online for a period, (before IIRC one of the creators went to work for Mongoose), I have a printout of it, I might even have saved the website to my harddrive- not sure. Unfortunately, many of the printed pages are missing the right hand side of the text, but its still useable.

That was mine, I think - there were in fact two, a version that used the Games Workshop Judge Dredd rules and one that used the D20 system.  They were taken down because I couldn't find a reliable and cheap webspace provider (the one I was on would let something like four people a day look at it), but then, unfortunately, all my writing was lost in the Great Hard Disk Death of 2006, when I earned a reputation for being totally unreliable and haven't written since.  I've had to get a proper job and everything...
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

TheEdge

2000AD MMORPG, some form of Giant temporal warp thing goes down, you can play as a Judge/SD Agent/dark judge/Celt/Mutie /ABC Warrior/GI

that would be cool.
"Save Trees, Eat Beavers"
"Animal Rights: Animals have the right to be tasty"

Wake

Quote from: "GordonR"For the record, the Judgement Day cover was a pretty straight swipe of his classic cover from the start of the Cursed Earth.

I see what you mean.

Colin YNWA

While I loved the Games Workshop Judge Dredd RPG back in the day we were too busy playing the very under-rated Marvel Superheroes Universal Table role playing game to get too far into our campaign. However we did play Block Mania a shed load, now that was a fun little boardgame. The Rogue Trooper one wasn't bad either, even though I was never a fan of the strip.

ukdane

Lobo: Yeah, I think it was from your site.

If you ever find the files again....
Cheers

-Daney

Toni Scandella

Not in response to anyone in particular, but it was the GW RPG that started me reading 2000AD again back in 1988.  I hadn't read it since about 1981 but I really was sold on the idea of playing a game where I could pretend to be a Judge.  The box on display in the window made me go in as I wasn't even a roleplayer at the time, though I did occasionally go into GW to look at the dragons on display.

I love the GW Dredd game, and I love the Mongoose one, too, except for the rules - thier books are definitely worth having and Gangs of Mega City One is lots of fun, too.

Block Mania needs a reissue.  Someone should make a computer simulation of that game, I would if I had any clue how to :)