Main Menu

Batman, Robin, and Nightwing.

Started by ukdane, 15 November, 2008, 01:59:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ukdane

I've just read that both Robin, and Nightwing are being cancelled. To be replaced with Red Robin, and Batman and Robin.

I've not read the Batman R.I.P. storyline, so NO SPOILERS please, but can someone please inform me (by pm if necessary)
what has happened, as in the same article about the cancellation, it also seemed to indicate that both Batman and Detective Comics were either cancelled and/or on hold. Is this temporary, or what????

Cheers, and remember, keep it HUSH.
Cheers

-Daney

Bongo Jack

Batman: RIP is set before Final Crisis, yet in Final Crisis the Bat-Family are all present, correct and still alive and in place, so it's prety much a given that this is yet another post-event shake-up, and not much for long-term fans to worry about.
Nightwing and Robin's books have been in the crapper sales-wise for ages, though.  Personally, I think the lifespan of the books (Nightwing especially) may have been extended to tie in with Batman: RIP's finale, but otherwise they've been on borrowed time for a while now.
Live forever or die trying

Bongo Jack

I thought I'd also point out that originally I tried to write a non-spoilery review of events up until the last issue of Batman: RIP that I read (the penultimate chapter), but found it rather difficult - but if I had a gun at my head and was told to nutshell the entire thing without spoiling any plot points, I'd have to say this pretty much covers it:

Revelations about Bruce Wayne's dad, butler and mum that would have been dismissed as 'wank' fanfic not two years ago test Bruce Wayne's mental resolve, Batman goes through some oddly familiar story motions to anyone who's been a long-time reader of Legends of the Dark Knight on the streets of Gotham, another version of Bat-Mite different from the other four or five that have appeared in the last few years appears to help Batman who seems oddly surprised Bat-Mite exists, and then the Joker - now retconned to be just like the Joker from Dark Knight - tells the audience that everything that's happening is ultimately meaningless.  Batman laughs and then falls asleep.

TheEdge

I think it was obvious nightwing was gone, THey Blew up BLUDHAVEN, he will probably still be around for the Titans/Outsiders/Batman ( i think checkmates a good move)

Red Robin will die out, i think it will just be a final crisis style spin off if at all.

Batman has always had robin for so long now wheres the change there????
"Save Trees, Eat Beavers"
"Animal Rights: Animals have the right to be tasty"

Bongo Jack

I think the success of All Star Batman And Robin (DCs top-selling book) is why they're launching a regular DCU version, but I imagine it'll be much the same as Gotham Knights was, meaning Robin will be about one way or another.  As for Nightwing, they destroyed Bludhaven during Infinite Crisis and he's been relocated to New York ever since.  The character has fans in the DC writing staff, so he'll be around in some capacity, I imagine.