Main Menu

Slaine Warrior's Dawn! Latest Reprint!

Started by ThryllSeekyr, 04 December, 2008, 04:31:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

I just got this one in the mail today.

I know, I decided to wait awhile before ordering mine.

it's now ntoicable thicker with a different cover.

It appears to be like the older 'Warriors Dawn' with 'The Time Monster' ( Debue) story and 'Bride of Crom' included.

Which I believe fills all gaps the previous 'Warriors Dawn' publications have left out.

Also including relevant art work on the black coloured pages dividing each chapter or chronicle.

Incidently something similer had been done with the latest 'Horned God' volume.

Two of the rare Simon BIsley illustrations were used.

Considered by myself to be rare because they haven't been used anywhere else or in any of the other 'Horned God' publications.

The sames sketchs he drew at the beginning of each 'Horned God' strips first printed in the Magazine.

Here's one I found on the web after googling Bisley Slaine.

One reason, I also stated collecting those earlier strip a few years ago when I was down south border.

I have nearly all of those.

They would make for great 'Horned God' calender Alone.

Would have been cool to see all of those re-worked as page devider art work.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: "ThryllSeekyr"Which I believe fills all gaps the previous 'Warriors Dawn' publications have left out.
The first Rebellion/DC print of the book had the same stories in.

ThryllSeekyr

I'm going to check that out when I can.

But I'm positive that 'TimeMonster and "Bride of Crom' weren't included.

Those stories were much sort after by me until found those progs in a Second hand Book store years ago now.

The first story, it was free to view online before the website was upgraded.

Anyway, I'm not sure of which book your talking about exactly.

I was talking about the 'Slaine, Warriors Dawn' published by Titan.

Which has the same cover illustration.

Not that it's bad thiung. That picture is a favorite of mine as it may be to others.

The latest version of 'Warriors Dawn' may the worthy replacement of this one.

Would that be right that the new book meant to replace that one in the new series.

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

paulvonscott

I bought it, despite knowg nthe cover was the wrong one for the book.

I feel slightly cheated by all the early 200OAD graphic novels I bought that later were redressed or had improved contents.  Or to put a more positive spin on it, I think on the whole (barring a few clunkers such as important stories and words missed out) I've been very impressed by the trade dress and the general quality of the newer books.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: "ThryllSeekyr"But I'm positive that 'TimeMonster and "Bride of Crom' weren't included.
I assumed you were talking about the previous Rebellion/DC one when talking about "Which I believe fills all gaps the previous 'Warriors Dawn' publications have left out".

Quote from: "Jim_Campbell"No McMahon cover, no sale.
Well, the new print has a McMahon cover.

Quote from: "paulvonscott"I feel slightly cheated by all the early 200OAD graphic novels I bought that later were redressed or had improved contents.
Better than the books going out of print and older ones having to remain with the shoddy production quality DC demanded.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: "IndigoPrime"Well, the new print has a McMahon cover.

Then all is well. Nothing to see here - go about your business.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

IndigoPrime

Richmond Clements

Quote from: "IndigoPrime"The replacement cover is this one:

Seriously- that image is quite possibly the single greatest comic image ever drawn.

+rufus+

Quote from: "paulvonscott"I bought it, despite knowg nthe cover was the wrong one for the book.

I feel slightly cheated by all the early 200OAD graphic novels I bought that later were redressed or had improved contents.  Or to put a more positive spin on it, I think on the whole (barring a few clunkers such as important stories and words missed out) I've been very impressed by the trade dress and the general quality of the newer books.

Jonathan Oliver, the droid in charge of Graphic Novels is doing a tremendous job... hence all the new books are bursting with Thrill Power!

More oil for that Droid!

+rufus+

Quote from: "His Lordship rac"
Quote from: "IndigoPrime"The replacement cover is this one:

Seriously- that image is quite possibly the single greatest comic image ever drawn.

I concur... My favouritestest image ever.

Richmond Clements

And I cannot believe that I'm going to meet him!
I suspect my brain may pop with fanboy overload!

TordelBack

QuoteMy favouritestest image ever.

Mine too.

paulvonscott

QuoteJonathan Oliver, the droid in charge of Graphic Novels is doing a tremendous job... hence all the new books are bursting with Thrill Power!

Maybe, but everything I said is still true.

ThryllSeekyr

Thats really needs to be painted on the side of the 2000AD office building/highrise as a mural.