Main Menu

God Bless Us, Every One!

Started by wrly_bird, 17 December, 2008, 02:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger Godpleton

I hope everyone is having a good day so far.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

JayzusB.Christ

Pretty damn goood, alright. It never caught on, but Jingle Borags, everyone!
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

wrly_bird

watching sean throw a mental on eastenders and having my first drink of the day now I've finished ferrying folks home. Hope everyone's having a top day. Who got what...? I got tharg's future shocks, the creepy archives volume one, and a mighty boosh annual. Result!

Woolly

Hope you all had a good one

Merry Christmas y'all  :)

wrly_bird

Christmas chocolates - an overview: cadbury's roses: proper - not sure I'm happy the little caramel barrels come in a wrapper rather than foil this year. I didn't know what the frig was going on. Quality street: pretentious. Celebrations: chav. After eights: all things to all men. Ferrero roscher: little chocolate ballbags. Rotten.

TordelBack

Did dinner for (most of) both of our families, which was surprisingly easy, and surprisingly tasty.  Some good advice on starters was received from the Board, and sucessfully applied: no-one gives a damn about starters, don't waste your time being fiddly.  

Turns out being married means a noticeable increase in present-quality from the in-laws.  If I'd known this, I'd have popped the question decades ago.  Examples:  my first-ever Leatherman (now I'm a Real Boy!) and a six pack of yer actual Duff Beer, with alcohol in and everything!  Holy crap!  

Best bit of Christmas: epic pre-bedtime battle with Santa-supplied pound-shop light-up lightsabers, resulting in one broken blade and Darth Beardy being cast into a filling bath complete with the shower curtain falling in on top of him.  I expect the Emperor will rebuild my shattered body so I can continue to serve him, but who's going to fix my bathroom?  Awesome fun, just awesome.

Hope everyone had even a fraction as good a time as I had.

Roger Godpleton

I got a home-run so that's good enough for me and some cineworld vouchers so now I can be like my hero Buttonman. I supplied the turkey from M&S for quarterprice and it was fucking tops, as was the dessert of Vienetta and M&S rasperry marscapone sponge thing that I got for quarterprice unlike all you plebs with real jobs that don't make you scream with rage at the wanton selfishness and stupidity of mankind every five minutes. My mum made the pudding with syrup instead of treacle so it came out albino. The dessert caused a diabetes row. I am presently drunk and sugar-rushing and I may not live. My dad phoned up the house phone to wind us up because we weren't all looking at him and talking about him.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Hoagy

I'd say its the other way round. Quality Street proper. Roses are lacking.

Oh and I got the dinner cooked and we just finished it because the 70's style prawn cocktail could've fed a whale.Ending with the sexiest chocolate fudge cake and a magners cider. My family are all over the north visiting annd I'm proud of being able to achieve such a spread.

Got a framed picture from my daughter and fed the ex. Spiffing, what?
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

mogzilla

Quote from: "Bouwel"I think the restraining order prevents me from feeling the love anymore :)

-Bouwel-
you can but only yours and in private

mogzilla

...oh yeah hope you all had a smashing chrimbo and have a chilled sozzled boxing day and a hectic insanely and quite possibly illegally enjoyable new year!

Peter Wolf

Xmas isnt Xmas without Ferrero Rocher.Someone with exquisite taste will buy them for you without fail.

Never mind hand made white chocolate truffles Ferrero Rocher is what you get.I blame the "credit crunch".Damned things.I was hoping to escape them.

Also cooked a very good Nut Roast that had a very unfortunate side effect that i couldnt keep blaming on the Dog.

I hate New Years Eve and i usually stay in.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Bouwel

I hate New Years eve. Over-hyped and over priced.
Much better to wait a few days and then celebrate I find.

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

Mardroid

I had a quiet, but pleasant Christmas day. I had Christmas dinner with my Dad and his wife.  (We live in the same house but I usually grab my dinner and take it into the other room. I thought, being Christmas, it'd be nice to sit at the table with them.) My Dad's wife isn't into turkey (although I love it.) but we had a goose instead. If you've never had goose, it's a great alternative and tastes delicious*.

Then it was back to the front room to watch Christmas telly. Doctor Who and Blackadder Rides Again, the highlight, I guess.

Oh, and I got a nice prezzie too. Replacement slippers (my old ones from last year were coming apart.), replacement clock radio (my old one just died a few days ago!) and a cheque which is always appreciated.

*You get more meat with turkey though, but there was more than enough for the three of us.

Peter Wolf

Goose is much tastier than turkey.

As for new Years Eve then they can keep it but it depends where you are but when it gets to the point that you have to buy a ticket [to go in a pub!! or book up or any of that bollox then i am not interested.The old new years eve was always on 21st Dec [winter solstice].
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Trout

Ha! I just noticed that thing with the Roses wrappers too! They still taste good, though.

We had a grand day, as Wallace might say. Rose was over-excited pretty much all day. She's perfect! :D

The meal seemed well-received, although cooking it was hard work, due to a bout of man-flu which arrived on Monday and is still around. (I'm ignoring it and taking pills.) The ice cream was bloody good!

Then I sat around suffering under blankets while watching - for once - decent Christmas telly, in Doctor Who, Blackadder, the Royle Family and Wallace and Gromit.

As for gifts, I did very well, including a long-splendid hardback copy of Thrill Power Overload! Zarjaz!

- Trout