Main Menu

Judge Dredd Movie is Green Lit!

Started by w3bz, 19 December, 2008, 05:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Taylor

Quote from: Judge Cassidy on 20 November, 2009, 09:40:08 AMIMH, the best way to avoid the whole issue of an actor wanting their face to be seen, รก la Stallone, would be to cast an UNKNOWN. Someone with the right build, the right jawline etc...I'd like to see that.

Good idea cast ME as Dredd. Okay I am only 5'6" and overweight and my chin is about average as chins go but all of that can be fixed with an intensive program of exercise and bone implants. I already have a deep voice and can do an American accent so that's one thing sorted.

Teivion

Surely its got to be 2000AD's very own Greg Staples ?

www.gregstaples.co.uk

Steve Green

pauljholden

Amazing photo -- needs more links in the chain though!

Steve Green

Yeah, we know   ;)

there were some links at the bottom of the bag

that's why he's looking so pissed off  :)

planetmirth

'A computer once beat me in chess... but it was no match for me in kick-boxing!'
Visual Effects Examples

Steve Green

Cheers,

all down to Greg having a great look and Dan making a great costume really...

- Steve

HdE

I've never wanted my own Judge's uniform more!
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

coastguardjackuk

3 points to make.
1) Music. I have said this before but I will say it again.I believe Underworld should be approached to see if they are interested in recording the soundtrack. Let's face it, Tarantino aside, movie soundtracks with various songs by various artists are usu ally tragically bad. The greatest movie soundtracks are done by a single artist or band taking care of it all.Bob Dylan's soundtrack to Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid is not only one of the best film soundtracks ever dammit, it's one of the best albums ever. Jimmy Page, Morricone, Baccarach all have recorded movie soundtracks that stand up on their own as great albums in their own right giving huge long term free publicity to the movie they were recorded for, Underworld tick all the boxes. Experience with movie soundtracks (their still shockingly unavailable soundtrack to "sunshine" is legendary), they have worked with DNA before (see "sunshine") and their soundtrack to "breaking and entering" is also brilliant. They have the perfect blend of emotional depth and pulsating rhythm to perfectly bring the meg to life. Their tunes are often like mini-soundtracks anyway. Please Tharg give it some thought. You know it makes sense.
2) No to Statham or indeed any actor who will be bigger than Dredd. It's about Dredd and the face MUST surely remain un-seen. An unknown makes perfect sense.
3) Why not lose all the actor probs by making it 3d CGI. A hardcore violent animation by adults for adults. Makes perfect sense to me.
Peace out to all squax... 
Building up a nice crust since 1969...

Noisybast

That's a bloody good uniform, though.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Mike Gloady

It looks like the Judge Minty fan film will show the way to the supposed "profesionals" in Hollywood.  Judge Staples IS The Law!
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Woolly

http://superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=8862

Interesting (and hopefully bollocks) comment regarding Mark Millar on the user comments...

Colin YNWA

Millar announced, I assume in his normal quiet unassuming manner, that he would indeed be directing a movie next year but there's nowt to connect him to Judge Dredd. If fact if it is shooting in March and no one's even been cast for this yet there's no way its the same movie...phew.

Steve Green

Mardroid

Quotes of the year in that thread.
QuoteWhose the guy that played Juggernaut.
Oh dear. Actually I think Vinnie Jones would play a great villain but Dredd hiself?

QuoteThe orginial was a great movie. A reboot isn't going to do any better.
Oh dear.

Oh, and someone said "Dredd is supposed to be camp." although I can't find the quote now for some reason. Judges certainly look camp with the chains and tight outfit, but I didn't particularly think Dredd's character was camp. Interesting how different people read things differently.

QuoteAs for everyone screaming, "It's got to be DARK!" no, it does not. Making it dark mean removal of plot and character for "dark" scenes.

Eh? Aren't the dark scenes what makes a show dark? Actually I think I know what he means. I think he is talking about making stuff dark just for the sake of it. But a lot of the tone of the Judge Dredd, right fro the start has always been dark before the character's evolution. Walter the Wobot being a possible exception, and from what I've heard he turned...

QuoteThe best Dredd stories came from the ironic twists on the law with an uncompromising character.
I don't disagree with that, but the 'ironic twists on the law' is all part of dark humour surely?