Main Menu

Judge Dredd Movie is Green Lit!

Started by w3bz, 19 December, 2008, 05:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jock

COMMANDO FORCES

Rio De Fideldo

Stuzzle

Does Mark Strong really have the build for Dredd?
I thought it was written in stone by the gods that Mark Strong should always play a villain  :)
I don't draw so good and I don't know the artists off by heart. I eat more than I probably should and don't yet know the stories from the start. I like films and can't speak Spanish, but DAMMIT I can Twitter

Buddy

So its got a 50 mill budget...
And its in 3D...
I had read/heard that to convert a film to 3D costs about 10-15 mill..

So that leaves 35 - 40 mill to make the actual movie.

Only time will tell if they can actually make this work.

Fingers crossed.

weehawk

Quote from: Sinfield on 12 May, 2010, 03:52:17 PM
Mark Strong for Dredd please.

I've been thinking about him also, since he's worked with Travis previously. I think he would be a very inspired choice. I could also settle with Gerard Butler in the role.

I've also been thinking, if this were to be a trilogy, I say have Cal be the villain in the first, Rico in the second, and Judge Death in the third. The Angel Family can be supporting/backgroung villains, as well as, maybe, The Kleggs.

James Stacey

Quote from: Buddy (previusly Uncle Umpty) on 12 May, 2010, 04:01:43 PM
So its got a 50 mill budget...
And its in 3D...
I had read/heard that to convert a film to 3D costs about 10-15 mill..

So that leaves 35 - 40 mill to make the actual movie.

Is that to convert though, rather than to film in? I assume the latest generation of cameras will do it natively or am I being naive

Steve Green

No-one knows yet, but even if you are shooting with 3D cameras, you've still got to do all the effects work in stereoscopic 3D.

My betting is that it will be a post effects job, like Clash of the Titans.

Mark Strong sounds interesting...

radiator

QuoteThis is a one Judge Dredd image  that's reportedly circulating Cannes as part of the current movie being pitched around the place. Could this be a mock up for a future movie poster?

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2010/05/12/judge-dredd-movie-poster-circulating-cannes/

Colin YNWA

What an ... interesting take on the Lawgiver!

Tim Bradstreet does always seem to do very similar images, well at least the one's I've seen (christ I hope that is Tim Bradstreet!)

Emperor

The gun has controversy written all over it. The question is: Is that really an official mock-up?
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

CrazyFoxMachine

now that is a stub gun surely?

Steve Green

Something odd going on with the eagle wing...

Anyway, should be this...

Any excuse.

James Stacey

looks like a picture of a guy with a gun that's had Dredd bits added. Never seen Dredd shown with black combat trousers on before :)