Main Menu

Judge Dredd Movie is Green Lit!

Started by w3bz, 19 December, 2008, 05:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Wells

Heh, I know I shouldn't and I certianly don't want to derail this thread but I've just ventured to alt.comics.2000ad and immersed myslef in Sc*jo madness for half an hour. I forgot what an absolute crackerjack/turd he is!

Tweak72

Ah. Based on 28 days later and Sunshine the first hour of film will be brilliant with a cast who put there all in to the film then for that last 30-40 minutes it will suddenly turn in to a utter turd of a film.
If Danny Boyle is not asked to direct it but produces it then it will have a brilliant cast with some really interesting bits but turn out to be an utter turn of a film for the get go. (28 weeks later any one?)
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: "Pete Wells"I've just ventured to alt.comics.2000ad and immersed myslef in Sc*jo madness for half an hour. I forgot what an absolute crackerjack/turd he is!

I was particularly entertained by the fact that he has started no fewer than nine threads concerning the new film totalling 69 posts, of which only six were made by anyone other than him!

He really, really needs professional help.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Buddy

Jim... give us a link to that, I'd forgotten how mentalist he is.

Cheers!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: "Uncle Umpty"Jim... give us a link to that, I'd forgotten how mentalist he is.

Quite, quite mad.

Cheers!

Jim

paulvonscott

"He really, really needs professional help."

If people believe that then I hope they would behave appropriately.

the shutdown man

I'm thinking Clancy Brown for Dredd. The man's a giant, he's got the chin, and he's good at playing ball-busting lawmakers.
You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: "paulvonscott"If people believe that then I hope they would behave appropriately.

What? So I can't swear, I can't be rude to people, and now I can't even take the piss of Nestel?

What the f*** has happened to this board?

Jim

wrly_bird

This was surely only a matter of time. Given the current scramble for superhero/comic-book properties it would have been inconceievable that Rebellion wouldn't have been trying to put a project together.
Heartening to see a distinguished British company like DNA taking this on board. I know it's early days yet, but this couldn't have gotten off to a better start IMO.
My vote's for Alex Garland/Danny Boyle to write/direct and Clancy Brown for Dredd!!!

JOE SOAP

Quote from: "the shutdown man"I'm thinking Clancy Brown for Dredd. The man's a giant, he's got the chin, and he's good at playing ball-busting lawmakers.

He's also got middle aged spread that he was surely packing during his appearances in LOST.

Tweak72

Can some one please shed some light on Scojo? For years Scojo has been portraied as some kind of internet bogie man on this forum. Why? what did Scojo do? Has he been banned? I wonder because I just dont know. :?:
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

the shutdown man

Quote from: "garageman"He's also got middle aged spread that he was surely packing during his appearances in LOST.

Nothing that can't be fixed. If you're looking for pre-packaged bodybuilders/actors, that's going to limit your options. And if they cast Statham, I'm not watching it.
You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

paulvonscott

"What? So I can't swear, I can't be rude to people, and now I can't even take the piss of Nestel?"

All of those things are entirely up to you, Jim.  I was just making a general point to the board, it wasn't meant to be personal.  Apologies.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: "the shutdown man"
Quote from: "garageman"He's also got middle aged spread that he was surely packing during his appearances in LOST.

Nothing that can't be fixed. If you're looking for pre-packaged bodybuilders/actors, that's going to limit your options. And if they cast Statham, I'm not watching it.

who said they had to be bodybuilders, they just have to be lean, Clancy Brown may just want to take it easy as he reaches middle age, there are not many actors willing to go through gruelling weight training regimes. There are plenty of unknowns out there that could suit the part and don't need to remove the helmet.

radiator

QuoteHeartening to see a distinguished British company like DNA taking this on board.

Yep, and looking at their recent projects; Notes on a Scandal, The Last King of Scotland, The History Boys, and the aforementioned Sunshine and 28 Weeks... I'd say that they have made a string of consistently solid movies - very reassuring.

http://www.dnafilms.com/