Main Menu

THE A TEAM

Started by stront692, 23 January, 2009, 07:40:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stront692

is this coming or still going ahead, was heavily rumoured when they were remaking charlies angels but we have had a sequel from them and yet nothing from the a team still, the cast was rumoured to be unknowns so it will go stright to dvd

Bouwel

The team are currently in a shed putting it together from masking tape, and old cement mixer and randomly welded on sheets of metal.

Seriously though, do we really need another remake of something from the 1980's?

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

Goaty

but enjoy old episodes at Bravo! :)

the shutdown man

Quote from: "Bouwel"Seriously though, do we really need another remake of something from the 1980's?

Are you attempting to apply logic to the Hollywood remake policy? My God man, it ain't about what we need, it's about what they need; $$$$$$$$$$

Having said that though, a year or two ago when the main rumour was George Clooney for Hannibal, Brad Pitt as Face, Michael Clarke Duncan as B.A. and I can't remember who as Murdoch, I'd probably file this under a guilty pleasure.

Fire at will gentlemen....
You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

Goaty

Quote from: "the shutdown man"
Quote from: "Bouwel"Seriously though, do we really need another remake of something from the 1980's?

Are you attempting to apply logic to the Hollywood remake policy? My God man, it ain't about what we need, it's about what they need; $$$$$$$$$$

Having said that though, a year or two ago when the main rumour was George Clooney for Hannibal, Brad Pitt as Face, Michael Clarke Duncan as B.A. and I can't remember who as Murdoch, I'd probably file this under a guilty pleasure.

Fire at will gentlemen....

I thought it was Ice Cube as B.A.? and hear that maybe Woody Harrelson as Murdoch, and rumour of for Hannibal, Bruce Willis....

the shutdown man

Quote from: "Goaty the Zombie"I thought it was Ice Cube as B.A.? and hear that maybe Woody Harrelson as Murdoch, and rumour of for Hannibal, Bruce Willis....

That was going around too. Willis and Harrelson I would watch, but I'm not the biggest fan of Ice Cube. Maybe they could mix n' match.
You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

Bouwel

QuoteAre you attempting to apply logic to the Hollywood remake policy? My God man, it ain't about what we need, it's about what they need; $$$$$$$$$$

I keep, in my heart, a small and forlorn hope that Hollywood might actually chrun out something decent. But it seems to be a rapidly fading hope.

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

Peter Wolf

We dont need another remake but hollywood cant think of anything new .Just dont waste money watching it and spend the cash on something more worthwhile.

I never watched it first time round.Wasnt interested then and not interested now.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Bouwel

I liked the A-Team right up to the point where I realised there weren't going to be any new plot lines and that they'd be forever building a space shuttle out of spit in a barn.

However, you do have to admire a show that has people firing off hundreds of rounds of amunition but has no-one being hit and the all time classic of a helicopter hitting a cliff, exploding, falling down the cliff and the occupants getting out unhurt and just looking a little shaken.

-Bouwel-

Mardroid

I liked the A Team. I preferred it over Knight Rider, certainly.

I'm not keen on the idea of  remake though. It's just not needed.

Kerrin

Quote from: "the shutdown man"Having said that though, a year or two ago when the main rumour was George Clooney for Hannibal, Brad Pitt as Face, Michael Clarke Duncan as B.A. and I can't remember who as Murdoch, I'd probably file this under a guilty pleasure.
I'd watch that, infinitely better than vast swathes of the putrescent swamp scum that Hollywood vomits into our laps with tiring regularity. Seven Pounds? Kiss my arse.

stront692

i havent seen seven pounds yet but will smith movies do seem to be getting very preachy, hollywood seems to be going backwards unfortunately - still at least we havent 'baywatch' the movie yet

Bouwel

Quotestill at least we havent 'baywatch' the movie yet

Nooo! Now you've said it you can gurantee one will be green-lit next week.

-Bouwel-

stront692

well david hasselhoff pronbly needs a cameo to help his retirement

JamesC

If the A Team were a band, who do you think would play what instrument?

I say:

Murdoch - Drums (Keith Moon style)
BA - Bass
Hannibal - Lead Guitar
Face - Vocals
That girl - Keyboards

Special guest appearances by Boy George.