Main Menu

New Rebellion AvP game

Started by Satanist, 11 February, 2009, 04:34:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Wolf

Does anyone with any insight whatsoever know what Rebellion is set to earn from this game being the developer of the game ?

Is it simply a case of Rebellion being contracted to develop the game and being paid for that or do they earn anything out of the sales of this game as well ?

I dont know a thing about the games industry which explains why i am asking.

Definately buying this game at some point but i will have to buy a 360 as well and as much as i am loathe to give Bill Gates ANY of my cash sometimes ethical issues have to be sidelined because i do want to play this game quite badly.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Satanist

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 04 February, 2010, 02:18:22 PMDefinately buying this game at some point but i will have to buy a 360 as well and as much as i am loathe to give Bill Gates ANY of my cash sometimes ethical issues have to be sidelined because i do want to play this game quite badly.

Then buy a PS3 or PC. Anyhoo I'll try this out tonight.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Peter Wolf

Quote from: The Satanist on 04 February, 2010, 02:41:04 PM
Quote from: Peter Wolf on 04 February, 2010, 02:18:22 PMDefinately buying this game at some point but i will have to buy a 360 as well and as much as i am loathe to give Bill Gates ANY of my cash sometimes ethical issues have to be sidelined because i do want to play this game quite badly.

Then buy a PS3 or PC. Anyhoo I'll try this out tonight.

I thought a 360 was a better option as there is more choice of games than a PS3.Theres loads of cheap secondhand 360 games around as well plus i am not that sold on the PS3 either.

No need to buy a PC either as i use a Mac.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Pete Wells

Bah, in my excitement I downloaded this for my xBox and it's the multiplayer demo. I want SP dammit!

Rog69

The PC demo is very broken at the moment, I haven't managed to connect to a single game so far and it seems that everyone else is having the same problems too. They have patched it earlier today but it made no difference. It's pretty shoddy to release the  demo in this state  :(.

Martin Jameson

I downloaded the ps3 demo today but there was no one to play against it seems. I thought maybe I was the first to get it!

the shutdown man

I went ahead and pre-ordered it today, and to hell with the demo!
You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

Hegel

Quite enjoyed the demo (360 version) but I'm all about the single player so the jury is still out for me.

Need reviews.... I think its a shame that they put a Mp demo out rather than a SP one, most folks who play these type of death match games tend to stick to the hardcore celebrated titles like modern warfare or bad company - this game is surely going to focus on the campaigns? I hope so but the press build up has focused quite heavily on the MP so I'm a little concerned.

I hope Rebellion have pulled this one off, they need a success.

I also hope that after this game they are able to focus on some 2000AD properties and finally do them justice.

There are some amazing opportunities in these IPs - they just need a bit of vision.

bluemeanie

PC users might want to read this before downloading

http://www.examiner.com/x-37911-Chicago-Console-Game-Examiner~y2010m2d4-Alien-vs-Predator-PC-demo-a-console-port

Just so you know the demo's reported deficiencies wont be in the actual game

James Stacey

Quote from: Rog69 on 04 February, 2010, 08:59:44 PM
The PC demo is very broken at the moment, I haven't managed to connect to a single game so far and it seems that everyone else is having the same problems too. They have patched it earlier today but it made no difference. It's pretty shoddy to release the  demo in this state  :(.
PC and PS3 were borked apparently
http://news.spong.com/article/20520/Aliens-vs-Predator-Demo-Hiccups-on-PC-PS3

Satanist

I had a quick blast on this today. Ripped someones head off as a Predator. Came 3rd.

Seems quite fun but again I want to know about the single player before I buy.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Richmond Clements

Yeah- I've had a couple of games so far. One as an Alien which was dizzying when running up walls and ceilings, but I did kill a human by sticking my tail through the back of his head.

The game as a human was surprisingly good (I expected it to be dull compared to being an alien, but there was a palpable sense of tension as the proximity sensor pinged as aliens got closer...

But as everyone else says- I want to see what the single player is like. Going by this though, it looks great, and I'm sure, with Grennie working on it, it'll be fine.

Keef Monkey

A bit disappointed the demo's MP only, but I guess the idea is you get the chance to try out all species which makes sense.
Had 3 games last night just to try them out, the marine I had no luck with, kept getting trophy killed from behind but I guess smarter use of the motion tracker and keeping your back covered will balance things. Atmosphere was perfect, properly scary, and that's in deathmatch which is rare.

Alien I had a little more luck with, when I wasn't really disorientated, and Predator I bloody loved. The targeted jumps and gory kills were brilliant. For me the most exciting thing is that as wank as I was with all 3, you know there's loads of tricks and abilities to learn (probably by playing the SP campaigns) and that's where the fun will come in.

The graphics aren't as nice as I'd expected from the screenshots, but they might be scaled down in MP to keep the net code super smooth. Regardless, it's still cracking. VERY excited about this!

As for people having trouble getting games, I was the same. Maybe a squaxx night on Xbox live with it sometime?

Rog69

Well the new patch today fixed up the matchmaking and I managed to play 3 rounds as a marine. It was an OK-ish game, the biggest annoyance is that the controls on the PC version feel very stodgy, I had to mess around with the mouse sensitivity on my G5 to get an acceptable feel but the movement on the whole still felt a bit mushy. The graphics look a bit dated, the demo wouldn't have looked particularly special if it came out 5 years ago. I loved the sound, playing it on a pair of 5.1 headphones was pretty tense. I still need to play as an Alien and a Predator so I'll have another go over the weekend but I am on the fence about cancelling my pre-order at the moment.

Keef Monkey

Some more games last night, getting the hang of it now. Think it would have benefited from a wee tutorial on the combat, because watching this video stopped me getting munched as readily http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2frMG0jzkMA.

The graphics looked better than I'd first thought, initially had played it on my brother's 720i set and he's got the brightness way too high I think. Playing it on a 1080p set with the brightness just right, in a darkened room, it actually looks pretty nice. Not amazing, but nice. Gameplay is getting better by the game too.