Main Menu

Judge Minty (Judge Dredd fan film)

Started by Steven Sterlacchini, 17 February, 2009, 10:04:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marlowe

Ghost MacRoth

Just watched this the other day.  Very nicely done!  There's some of the usual shortfalls of low/no budget films, but there's some great background detailing, Minty is quite compelling, and overall the short pulls itself together very nicely.  And even with no budget, no stars, limited sets, etc, etc.....it's still better than the Stallone crap! ;)
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

o1s1n

Just after watching it now. Fair play guys, very enjoyable!

Trout

I finally managed to watch it and I'm just sorry it took me so long! Great stuff. Well done to you all!

Steve Green

Cheers guys,

yeah there's always compromises with film making (let alone a fan film), but we're happy people are enjoying it.

One guy on youtube posted that he'd watched it with his lad, and he'd then asked to read some Dredd off the back of it.

That was probably the comment that's made me happiest.

IndigoPrime

A few woahs from Mrs G during the early stages, showcasing that this really isn't a typical fan effort. The ambition here was marvellous to see, and I think getting in Edmund Dehn was a very smart move. Nice also to see a Mad Max vibe out in the Cursed Earth versus whatever the Stallone flick tried to do.

Steve Green

Thanks,

I wish we'd had the budget to prosthetic a few mutants up (I adore Bolland's ones from the Cursed Earth)

I did try some tests on myself which looked pretty good, but I doubt they would have survived the torrential weather in Wales, so we kept it simple.

- Steve

SuperSurfer

Fantastic. Congratulations to all involved. That was even more enjoyable on a second viewing – the last time I saw it in full was at LSCC. 

Some really nice touches (not sure if these are new or if I just I didn't notice them before) eg the trashed Land Raider, riot foam and the surfer.

Steve Green

Yeah, the CCTV stuff is new.

A few more ruined buildings and tweaks really since LSCC, and not seeing it with the lights fully on probably helps. ;)

Mikey

Just finished watching it (at long last) - really, really great stuff from everyone involved! Brilliant work.

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

nicklambo

Quote from: SuperSurfer on 08 May, 2013, 12:51:23 PM
Fantastic. Congratulations to all involved. That was even more enjoyable on a second viewing – the last time I saw it in full was at LSCC. 

Some really nice touches (not sure if these are new or if I just I didn't notice them before) eg the trashed Land Raider, riot foam and the surfer.

My wife and I are getting Riot foamed and my son is "Chopper" sky surfing....!

Bat King

Pimping the film as much as possible at work. So far any colleague that had seem out love it!

Another interview up on my blog by the way. You can get to them all easy enough but I have collected then here: http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/interviews/
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Steve Green

zombemybabynow

Finally got to watch it last night night - Brill'

dredd meets sin city?!
Good manners & bad breath get you nowhere

Bat King

Some colleagues are on multiple views! Result!

I just had to say 'There is so much I'm not saying!' to one who hasn't seen it yet but is viewing tonight with a couple of cans of beer & burgers, phone off, doors locked.

He asked 'what?' then realised I meant there are tons of spoilers bouncing around in my head.

How soon is too soon for me to do a Spoilerific review??? I've still not mentioned the [spoiler]Gila Munja[/spoiler] or [spoiler]Killdozer[/spoiler]... Not mentioned how the ending reminds me that [spoiler]Cadets have no choice, 'taken as a child. it was kill or die, kill or die'[/spoiler] (not certain I'm accurate with the quote...). Just so much cool stuff that needs breaking down to show why the film is so good, not just that it has stuff in there for the fans but that it is complete, a real world kind of setting BECAUSE of the detail. The world in Minty is so well structured.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex