Main Menu

Judge Minty (Judge Dredd fan film)

Started by Steven Sterlacchini, 17 February, 2009, 10:04:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 22 January, 2011, 05:32:57 PM
It really looks great. How long did it take to design and render?

Really, not long at all - I think I did it over a couple of days, the background renders in a minute, and the composite probably about 5 minutes.

I just lifted the design from one of JT Pegg's competition entries (with permission), it seemed like a good fit.

Cheers,

Steve

Steve Green

Quote from: uncle fester on 22 January, 2011, 05:34:22 PM
That's astonishing!  :o Seriously well done to all involved!

Just out of sheer curiosity, how long did that shot take to build? And with what kind of software?

Couple of days, if that...

3DS Max for the modeling, VRay for the rendering, and After Effects for the compositing.

The Judges were live-action elements shot when he hired out a green screen studio for a weekend. I'd like to get some more of these kind of elements though as I could do with more variety.

The smoke/steam was just stock footage.

Cheers,

Steve

willthemightyW

If you're ever doing anything in that studio again, I should be able to come.
They say you need to spend money to make money, well I've never made any money so by that logic I've never spent any.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Steve Green on 22 January, 2011, 05:35:48 PMI just lifted the design from one of JT Pegg's competition entries (with permission), it seemed like a good fit.

It's a great design, not too fussy.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Looks fantastic. What a design team!
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

ming

Great stuff!  Really, really looking forward to seeing the finished version; so much dedication and talent is sure to pay off.

Arsom.

Steve Green

cheers guys,

Will, we'll let everyone know if/when we're doing a studio shoot again.

- Steve

Colin YNWA

Well I'll just add to to the deserved chorus of praise. Amazing stuff.

Kerrin

Awww hell yeah!

That looks the absolute business.

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

Now thats the dogs dooodlies ! This is going to be something else for sure. Really excellent work there :)
Never rub another mans rhubarb

BPP

thats probably the sexiest thing (not featuring breasts) I have seen.

Congrats.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

SuperSurfer

Amazing. Can't wait to see the finished article. Is the team managing to work on the Minty film regularly these days?

Steve Green

Off and on.

Family and jobs etc. taking priority the last few months.

Cheers

Steve

Steven Sterlacchini

We're working on a bit more pre-production whilst we're preparing to get the last four scenes in the can Then there's post, but some of that is being worked on whilst we're preparing for filming.

Hoping for a big March push to get it done!

Most of the filming is done. Locations are the BIG problem. We need a large area of rough or waste ground, which is desolate with very little vegetation. We keep finding these places, but usually we can't get on them due to health and safety, or the owner is savvy to the filming potential and wants to charge a fortune.

Ideally we'd like to keep it central as well, to make it easy for cast and crew to get there. North Wales, although a great location, was a big expense, once all the logistics were accounted for and quite grueling.

We've still got a few in mind, but FEEL FREE TO SEND ME ANY SUGGESTIONS  :)

Steven

Banners

Quote from: MintyWe need a large area of rough or waste ground, which is desolate with very little vegetation...

Wolverhampton.

M@