Main Menu

Judge Minty (Judge Dredd fan film)

Started by Steven Sterlacchini, 17 February, 2009, 10:04:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveGYNWA

7 minutes in and this is brilliant - well done to all involved.
Peas sell. But who's Brian?

Eme

impressive, and a nice surprise to watch first thing bank holiday morning.
big congratulations to all involved , splendid stuff !

Beeks

Just watched Minty

Wow..just Wow

I'm not usually a lover of fan films..mainly because of shite acting and the inevitable shite look due to no budget

But this..this is truly arsom

Absolutely loved it..it had the feel of a licenced film and the premise was great

Loved the crazies..the Mutie villain was bad arse

Overall I'm blown away it turned out that good

Well done to everyone involved..

You really did the comic 'justice' and you should all be proud :)
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

Darren Stephens

Enjoyed that a lot. Some fantastic scenes, that I'm still trying to work out how were done. Well done to all involved!  ;)
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Pete Wells

I've seen it a few times now and it still takes my breath away. Incredible work guys!

judda fett

First thing I've done today, checked this thread to see if the film was up.. great to notice the little extra bits an pieces since the convention screening version. Thanks to all involved in this for doing such a sterling job. My only gripe is there's no more on the horizon (or is there)..?

Steve Green

Hah, not at the moment - although Barry who did the storyboards on Minty is doing something using the same costumes, I'm not really involved - but at the moment we're all a bit burned out by it.

I think if we did do something, it would be Stront or Rogue possibly, and a lot shorter 5 mins tops.

@Darren, ask away if you have any questions.

Bubba Zebill

Right, going to get a coffee and sit down and enjoy this!
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

Steve Green

Oh and in case anyone wonders... Fatboydale has had a bit of digital plastic surgery to better match the commissioned piece...

JOE SOAP

The newly added credit sequence really lifts the top Steve. Tweaking finished?

Fisticuffs

That. Was. Awesome.

I have no problems admitting that I wasn't expecting much, so many fan films turn out looking horribly cheap and nasty.

But this? This was the sex. A huge well done to everyone involved! :D

Steve Green

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 06 May, 2013, 09:20:02 AM

The newly added credit sequence really lifts the top Steve. Tweaking finished?

Thanks,

Yeah - I could do more, but

a) you can't revise a youtube video (which might be for the best)

and

b) I really need to concentrate on getting paying jobs in.

We're toying with the idea of putting out something that's easily burnable to DVD and Blu-Ray, so I could possibly do something then, but I really want to just put it away...

JOE SOAP

When it comes to sore teeth and George Lucas- just leave it alone.

Steve Green

I like to think the flaws will remind me what to pay attention to next time :D

Bubba Zebill

Incredible in so many ways. This is so good, you should all be very proud. I won't spoil it for others that haven't seen it, but some of my favourite moments were real surprises - 8:43 (the effect) quickly followed by 8:45 (the cause) gave me a chill (yes, the window is opened, but that ain't it) and...11:06 is a topper of a reveal. Beautifully done.

And bravo to Edmund Dehn, a great Minty.
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105