Main Menu

Life Spugs because...

Started by Dog Deever, 04 March, 2009, 08:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richmond Clements

LoD- it'll make seeing her again all the more special.

Mickey- erm... fucking hell.

TordelBack

A terrible situation Mikey, my sincerest sympathies.  As I'm sure you know, you would probably be doing the right thing by your family by going, however difficult it is for you. My own family has a long history of brothers not attending their parents' or siblings' funerals for a variety of both justified and unjustifiable reasons, and the bitterness and divisions it causes even generations later is appalling.  One whole quarter of my mother's family won't talk to another quarter (which includes me and my kids) because her father didn't attend his (estranged) brother's funeral.  I then had to physically drag my mother to her aunt's funeral to prevent further schism.  Families.

And: Locusts, yet one more kick in the head, unbelievable.

uncle fester

And I was going to have a whinge about a leaking ceiling...

Mikey I hope you can get through what will obviously be a difficult day. As TB has said, perhaps your family will appreciate you being there and that could be reason enough.

LoD, what can I say? Just hang on in there and she'll be home soon.

Mrpepperami

Know how you feel mikey. My dad died over christmas and we didn't have a good relationship either. He was an alcoholic and very abusive. Made my late mothers life hell and I could never forgive him for it. We didn't talk for a number of years but I found out he had cancer so got back in touch. Last 2 years were good and he saw his grandson. Never forgave him though but I think he thought I did. I found funeral very difficult as everyone was going on about how much of a great guy he was. Difficult to saw the least. Best of luck to you

Mikey

Cheers, fellas. This time tomorrow it'll all be over, sure.

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

flip-r mk2

Sorry to hear  about your Dad Mikey,My family don't talk to me,when my Gran died a year ago I only found out through a friend of a friend a fortnight after she was buried.

filip
It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana

johnnystress

Nasty situation Mikey..sorry to hear it and my condolances to your family.

Two days ago I finally got ny car back from the garage then this happened..

uncle fester

Ouch. What happened there then?

I once had a Metro and the front bumper fell off as I stopped at a red light. Some bloke walking across in front just burst out laughing.

johnnystress

I was hit by a truck on the motorway...think the car nmight be a write off

uncle fester

Oh that's bad. Sorry, I thought it was just your bumper that had been clipped.

johnnystress

The whole right side is badly damaged, two wallops ffrom an 18 wheeler will do that :)

Hope it's fixable

TordelBack

I'd call that good luck, Johnny, if you take my meaning.  Better your car than yourself.  Was that in the fog yesterday?

johnnystress

No the guy just didn't see me..pulled in with no warning

Of course he will argue that

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Hope she gets home real soon, Locust.

Hope you got through it, Mikey.

Your poor Mini, good to hear you're uninjured though.

COMMANDO FORCES

Bad stuff all round by the looks of things.

Locust before you know it she'll be home and that's what you have to keep in mind when you think about the constant delays, as hard as that may be to do!

Mickey sorry to hear that, families aye!

johnnystress as has been said earlier, better the car takes the hit than you!