Main Menu

Life Spugs because...

Started by Dog Deever, 04 March, 2009, 08:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Cripes vzzbux, that's awful.  All the very best wishes to the little man, and to your daughter, your family and yourself.

Dandontdare

shit that sucks. Hope the little fella gets well soon.

Trout

Hey vzzbuzz, best wishes to you and yours. I can't imagine how you're feeling.

vzzbux

Cheers guy's.
2 weeks ago we were all called in not long after the birth because everyone thought that he was going to die. Up to last week he was on 50/50 chance.
Each day is better. It is a long road ahead but far positive now.
I still don't know how much of his bowel they took out. I don't want to push my daughter for the answer but would like to know so I can check his future prospects.
I just hope this is the kick up the arse my daughter needed as the past year and a half up until about 3 months ago she has been a real bitch.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

maryanddavid

Thought and prayer for your little fellah and all your family vzzbux.

von Boom

I'm sending good thoughts to you and your family vzzbuzz. Hope things look better soon.

8-Ball

vzzbux, all my best wishes and positive vibes to you and your family.
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

SmallBlueThing

Yes, all wishes to you and yours Vzzbux- dreadful and trying in equal measure. Best to all.

SBT

Ancient Otter

Best wishes to you and your family vzzbux.

staticgirl

Poor little guy and what an awful strain for the family. Better luck for all of you.

Cyberleader2000

sorie to here that vzzbux hope things work out

as for me I was haveing a not bad time but the last 2 weeks or so I've been haveing mini anxiety attack very often keeping busey has helped I got the modle kits back out but there are times I get stuck with nothing to do or distract me then they hit some days its really hard to cope with them any advice
Pleases Vist My Blog

can you name the anime

HdE

It may seem awfully glib, Cyberleader, but it's possible to ride those attacks out.

After I lost my grandma last year, I had a handful of anxiety related episodes. There was other stuff going on at the time which didn't help, but the combination of arranging a funeral, apportioning her belongings out to family (who are all quite widely spread) AND the impact it had on my living arrangements was all a bit much to cope with.

Obviously, if you have an idea of what's triggering these feelings and attacks, that'll help. Beyond that, simply knowing what's going to happen when you can feel the onset of another attack will help you to get through it. You can 'manage' it, as it were.

In my case, I was able to overcome these difficulties fairly quickly They certainly haven't re-occurred. For you, it may be that a short interval of a couple of weeks since the last time this happened is a sign that you're coping with it. Time will tell.

Just hang in there, for the time being. And keep doing what you're doing.
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

CrazyFoxMachine

HdE speaks the truth - it may seem like they'll never end but trust me they will - just the fact you're being so open about them is good and it's a constructive attitude that will help quell them in time - the unfortunate thing about them is that they nearly never disappear as suddenly as they started.

Best piece of advice is to accept that they're there and learn to work with them - as fighting against them tends to make them worse. A good idea and one that helped me immeasurably is just simply writing down (just for yourself) how you feel when you get the attacks - why you feel you get them and you may suddenly hit on a revelation that goes a long way towards mending your mind.

Good luck with it and remember you're not alone!

HdE

Further to my esteemed colleague Mr. Foxmachine's remarks:

I'm told that different people manifest these anxiety attacks in different ways, and with differing levels of severity. But the kicker is, for some people, what does the damage is how they start feeling and thinking AFTER the attack.

One pal of mine tells me that he had similar issues after splitting up with his girlfriend (long story short: Actually the best thing that happened to him, because she was horrible, but it landed him in hot water financially. He's now happily settled with a woman who looks JUST like Alice Eve (the lucky bastard!) and her eight year old kid, who is scarily intelligent, loves Hulk comics and builds INSANE models out of lego bricks. Wait... that actually WAS a long way of telling a short story...)

ANYWAY... he tells a tale of waking up the day after he had his first attack, and laying in bed thinking in terms of what was 'wrong' with him. This sent him into a spiral of unhealthy self-analysis and depression.

The fact is, there was nothing 'wrong' with my friend. He just had too much to cope with, in too short a space of time, and it was too intense. Where he started to have difficulty was when he started thinking he was somehow a lesser person for having had this kind of reaction to his circumstances. This got worse when he had further episodes, and continued this vein of unhelpful thinking.

Don't let this happen to you, Cyberleader. Bear in mind: ANYONE can have these problems. The way we live now stinks. Life is loaded with difficulties and adversities that become ever more ridiculous as the years roll on. So it's no surprise that the stress that causes provokes a reaction in people. We're all like little pressure valves. Too much at the wrong time, and it has to come out somewhere.

Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

low down dirty drokker

Trying to purchase walking dead #33 blue 2nd print variant,only to be A:outbid in the last second. B: finding out about extortionate import charges... sneckers