Main Menu

Life Spugs because...

Started by Dog Deever, 04 March, 2009, 08:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Yeah, have to agree with Roger (urrrgh I feel ill) - Boots lunch deal is insanely good value.   

Mike Gloady

's true.  Roger's right.  THIS ONE TIME.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

House of Usher

Quote from: Dandontdare on 19 March, 2010, 11:33:07 PM
EDIT: Who the fuck goes to Boots for lunch?

People who work in shops and offices, obviously!  :lol:

A sandwich, a drink and a cake or yoghurt for £3 sounds pretty good to me.
STRIKE !!!

Peter Wolf

Quote from: House of Usher on 20 March, 2010, 01:08:30 PM
Quote from: Dandontdare on 19 March, 2010, 11:33:07 PM
EDIT: Who the fuck goes to Boots for lunch?

People who work in shops and offices, obviously!  :lol:

A sandwich, a drink and a cake or yoghurt for £3 sounds pretty good to me.

Thats if you dont mind prepacked sandwiches with not much filling.

Not for me thanks.

I went into PretAManger the other day and it seems that they have stopped doing their Ploughmans[cheese-pickle-mayo-salad] sandwiches and they have reduced their range of sandwiches so its more like a coffee shop now than somewhere to get something to eat.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

SuperSurfer

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 19 March, 2010, 05:11:22 PM
Quote from: wild-seven on 19 March, 2010, 05:04:05 PM
Oh and it can't just be me who thinks the new pepsi max advert in which three guys pretend the world's about to end so one of them can get laid is exceptionally creepy right? I don't think acting like a sex offender is the best image Pepsi could have chosen to attatch to people who buy their drink
MMMMMMMmmmmmm......the acrid chemical taste of Aspartame laced Pepsi Max !!!!
An incredibly annoying advert. The bit at the end when they are prancing about in particular winds me up.

I find so many adverts are unmemorable. Even though I might've seen them before I can't remember what they are advertising until the end. Mind you, I often I switch to another channel before I find out what is being advertising. My little two fingers up to marketing/advertising. Bit hypocritical as my line of work is kind of connected. Back at college one ad man gave us a talk and he said "advertising is selling shit to suckers."

Golden age theory tells me that adverts aren't what they used to be: R-Whites lemonade, Hi-karate aftershave etc.

House of Usher

Life spugs because I can't get over this nihilistic slump. If air were in short supply and the world's supply was going to run out on Monday I don't think I'd freak out all that much. At least I wouldn't have to turn up to work.
STRIKE !!!

Tiplodocus

Well there's no denying the sandwich range in Boots is prepackaged but you do get loads of filling in some of them.  I love the veggie carrot and hummous ones.  And you can get an innocent smoothie as part of the meal deal - which are almost a meal in their own right and, as mentioned before, good value as part of a £2-99 package.

My back hurts again.  And Mrs Tips keeps falling asleep while trying to watch LOST season 5. 
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

House of Usher

STRIKE !!!

Peter Wolf

So thats a recommendation then ?
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Mike Gloady

I've had the carrot and hummous from Boots.  They're very good.  Not a filling I'd ever have thought of, but it works.  Boots sandwiches in general are pretty good.

vzzbux

Fuck boots. Chip cob £1.30. Great value for money.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

blakaam kaplow

I'm sorry but the world has either gone mad or I have
Boots is a Pharmacy.
I go to the pharmacy to buy nail clippers, sticking plasters, toiletries and prescription medicine.
I don't buy food from a Pharmacy neither do I buy aspirin from the chip shop or petrol from Ikeia.

I'm not criticizing your choice of eating establishment, I just don't believe Mr. Boots looked over the antiseptic racks of beauty products athletes foot medicine and clearasil  and thought 'I know what'd go well with these products; sandwiches!'

?

Old Tankie

F***ing great post, blakaam!! I don't get it either!!  I've owned several food businesses in my time and I never considered selling car parts in any of them!!

Roger Godpleton

I certainly wasn't buying food at your mom's house.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Mike Gloady

Roger, the meme's been updated - it's YOUR mum.  Not ours.

And while I don't quite get WHY Boots sell sandwiches, I've been appreciative of it in the past when it was the only place remotely near a workplace I could get something to eat.