Main Menu

Life Spugs because...

Started by Dog Deever, 04 March, 2009, 08:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

I worked with the woman in this news report for six years, and knew her really quite well.

I have no idea how I'm supposed to feel about this.

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Mike Gloady

I think "sad" would be a perfectly sensible response.  That sucks mate.  Sorry to hear about that.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 20 May, 2010, 10:36:54 PM
I think "sad" would be a perfectly sensible response. 

Yeah ... I know. I've never known someone who's actually been killed by someone else -- I have this odd undercurrent of anger, and this need to know more, which feels horribly like voyeurism because it's not like Gillian was a family member or anything ...

This thread is horrible. I'm so sorry for, well, every fucker, really. :-(

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Mike Gloady

It's a surreal thing.  My cousin was stabbed upwards of 20 times by her boyfriend who used his insecurity to basically paint her as a whore (she wasn't, just friendly and he was a control freak) and instead of life, he got 8 years.

Only the fact that I've gone to her funeral, watched her parents slowly collapse and not seen her in the last 10 years stops me from thinking I'd somehow had a very vivid dream.  I think that's what that kind of death feels like for a lot of people who belong to the person who's died.

I, Cosh

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 20 May, 2010, 10:53:18 PM
This thread is horrible. I'm so sorry for, well, every fucker, really. :-(
Aye. My sympathies to all.
We never really die.

House of Usher

One shocker after another. I'm sorry for everyone who's going through a hard time. My partner is a home tutor, and she's had two students turn up for their classes in tears this week with recession-induced family troubles.
STRIKE !!!

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Shit Locust, you have spoken so affectionately about your wife both on here and in real life. Let's hope some time will help sort out some of the problems. Take care.

You have my sympathies, Jim.

This is a rotten thread, but sometimes it's better to let off a bit of steam on here then to keep it in a bottle.

Bolt-01

Wise words there from Gavin. Too often stuff is bottled up when it would be better to just let it go.

Mike Gloady

Agreed.

This thread has, not to put TOO fine a point on it, saved my life near as damn it.  A chance to vent and to hear that, no, you're not crazy for being sad/upset.  It's horrible as a catalogue of sad things that can happen, but it's great because of the support we can give each other.  This is simultaneously my least favourite thread and the one I think does the most good and has the most positive message.  Long may it continue.

James Stacey

It certainly isn't easy reading, but it is helpful without falling into emo self pity.

Life is pretty spuggy at the moment as my house goes on sale today. I love it and planned to live there forever but I can't afford it on my own. We'd spent years building, decorating and making it the way we wanted it. Its a lovely house in a very nice area and now I'm gonna have to go live in a flat somewhere.
However ...
Life is kinda ok because I'm partly looking forward to it. A new place (entirely of my own) and a clean start drawing a line under the end of the marriage. Hopefully I can post on the drokking fantastic thread soon saying I've got a nice new house and a hot girlfriend :D

Mike Gloady

Hope so James.  Good luck.

locustsofdeath!

Thank you for all your well wishes, guys. Things are tough but I am managing for the moment.

And to Gavin and Will, I apologize for not seeing your posts - and I send my thoughts to both of you.

Van Dom

Shite.
Just...shite. To everything.
sorry for being so late to this and only reading all this new...

Really sorry to hear that Locusts mate...
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

blixab

Sorry to hear about everything Matt. Hopefully things will work themselves out for you.

Albion

The current spell of great weather means my thick as shit neighbours think it's OK to play loud music all day for the rest of the street to hear. We are indoors with all doors and windows shut, TV on and we can still freakin' hear it.
They are lazy bastards who will never work a day in their lives, sponge and borrow off of everyone else and have no respect for all the other people around them.
These are the same people who were back together two days after she stabbed him on new years eve and also told the kids to "Go back to fucking sleep!" on Christmas morning.

The kids will grow up to be exactly the same.

Some people don't deserve to be alive and definately should not be allowed to breed.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.