Main Menu

More Competitions?

Started by Kerrin, 08 March, 2009, 06:59:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoD

On a serious note...I have a T-Shirt (Blitzspear) L and unworn which I'll offer up as a prize for a competition.  How about one where you have to design the next Mega-City craze to sweep through the Cits?

WoD

SamuelAWilkinson

I like the short story comp idea - it'll give us typewriter monkeys less cause to be jealous of the art chimps and their talent.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

Roger Godpleton

What about an art comp where drawing talent is outlawed? Like an all stickmen comp or something.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

TheEdge

I think monthly PUB style 2000ad quiz is appropriate we have some real thrillheads here so the harder and nerdier the better
"Save Trees, Eat Beavers"
"Animal Rights: Animals have the right to be tasty"

Bouwel

How about trying to surmise a particular story arc in six words or less?

-Bouwel-
(Blantant rip-off, I know)
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

Kerrin

Quote from: "LARF"The Caption Comp is an old one, we used to do them years ago on the board - great idea though.
I thought it must have been tried at some point. How come it petered out?
Quote from: "WoD"On a serious note...I have a T-Shirt (Blitzspear) L and unworn which I'll offer up as a prize for a competition.  How about one where you have to design the next Mega-City craze to sweep through the Cits?
I like the sound of that one. Could you be the next Otto Sump? Also lends itself to visual or textual entries.

IAMTHESYSTEM

The idea of a short story competition sounds fine Kerrin. 2000AD related subject matter only I assume ?
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

JacketyBauer

Maybe a 'Finish the story' kind of competition??

could be intresting  :mrgreen:

Kerrin

I'm going to go with the short story competition and will stick something up in the general section in the next day or so. I'm thinking along the lines of a tester to see how it goes, 500 or 1000 words and a fairly non specific subject to start off with.

There are some good ideas here that should be given a try I reckon. Brendan's 15 minute Dredd exercise that's running at the moment is a brilliant idea and hopefully there'll be plenty more in that vein.

Will it be presumptuous to call it 'The 2000AD Short Story Competition' ?

I, Cosh

Quote from: "Bouwel"How about trying to surmise a particular story arc in six words or less?

-Bouwel-
(Blantant rip-off, I know)
She did everything. She went out.
We never really die.

Bouwel

QuoteWill it be presumptuous to call it 'The 2000AD Short Story Competition' ?

Go for it I say :)

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

Kev Levell

I wish I had time to take a crack at this. It'll be a great competition.

Bongo Jack

2000ad-related motivational posters?
Live forever or die trying

Dandontdare

Howzabout a comp along the lines of "identify the story from the blown-up detail" (though a catchier title is needed!) I'll put together a few examples at the weekend and see if floats anyone's boat.

satchmo