Main Menu

Thicker Than Water - Mike Carey

Started by stacey, 15 March, 2009, 12:10:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stacey

I've just finished reading book four in the Felix Castor series by Mike Carey.  I absolutely love these books, I love the main character who is quite Constantiney, they are filled with action and dark humour and I raced through this.  How can you not love a book which has the line in it "Get your hands out of my pants you God bothering bastard!"  Anyone else a fan?

Paul faplad Finch

I read a profile on Mike Carey in SFX when the first of these was due out and thought it sounded excellent. Resolved to rush out and buy it straight away. Promptly forgot. They seem to have completely passed me by ever since and I was shocked to read your post and discover there were now four of the beggars. Either I have no sense of time or he's really churning them out.

Not sure what point I'm making here.

Anyway, are they easily available? Sounds like I need to start reading if I don't want to get left completely behind.
It doesn't mean that round my way
Pessimism is Realism - Optimism is Insanity
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read

stacey

Yeah they are easily available and I read the first two from the local library.  Well worth picking up in my opinion!

Paul faplad Finch

The Devil You Know arrived in the post today and I'll get cracking with it as soon as I get finished with my current read.

The Torment Of Others, if anyones interested. Tony Hill as he was intended. Robson Green my arse
It doesn't mean that round my way
Pessimism is Realism - Optimism is Insanity
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read