Main Menu

lee carter art

Started by artdroid_Lee Carter, 31 March, 2009, 12:01:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

artdroid_Lee Carter

Hi all, how's things :)

Both Deadeyes and Necrophim have been done in my spare time, which I have very little of....but my passion for 2000ad helps me get it done.
I would have liked to spend more time making sure the colours and levels are going to print ok, but I am learning still...So please bare with me while I develop and learn.
 I have been reading 2000ad from around prog 350 and have got pretty much got most of the back issues from before that...so I do consider myself a huge fan. In fact 2000ad pretty much guided me into art college and onto my career..  Which I am happy to say meant I have been drawing fulltime since I was 16, I have been lucky in the fact I have never had a normal job :)

Anyhow...if anyone is interested I have uploaded some art here...  
http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showth ... p?t=154203

And some old stuff here    http://www.myspace.com/carterworld

I haven't finished uploading yet....sketches and more to come...
Again it's a boyhood dream to work for 2000ad and trust me I have turned down offers from across the pond to continue working with 2000ad...as it is the best comic on the market.
Cheers all lee

johnnystress

Just amazing stuff Lee

Thanks for sharing

satchmo

I love the zombie with the Fantastic Four T-shirt  :D
Great stuff Lee.

Colin YNWA

That's some pretty exciting stuff there. I'm amazed that you completed the work you've done for 2000ad in you're spare time, that must have taken an age?

So what they goota do to get you working full time?

House of Usher

It's great to see your work on Necrophim. It greatly enhances my enjoyment of the story. I can think of other artists whose work would have me roundly hating it. Looking forward to seeing Part 2 tomorrow.
STRIKE !!!

Kerrin

Beautiful work there Lee. Your depiction of texture, atmosphere and character is awesome mate. Nice Dredd head as well. I particularly like the architectural images, New York roof tops and the such. Have you had a go at any MC1 cityscape sketches?

Thanks for sharing all this with us. Top work fella.

House of Usher

Just clicked on the first link. Wonderful portfolio pieces and concept art! Wow.
STRIKE !!!

TordelBack

Good grud, how fantastic is that art at a larger size!  And that Dreddhead!  Well done, that man.  

And here's another squaxx throroughly enjoying your work in the prog, naked Neanderthals, vulva-headed women and well-endowed cherubim included.

Matt Timson

Pffft...

Matt Timson

Pffft...

artdroid_Lee Carter

Cheers all...:)
....hi Matt T...really loved the pages you did for the Darkness 75 and I bought Impaler the other day too...very nice work

Just wanted to show some of my other work etc....I was getting worried that people may peg as some deviant artist who should be working in underground Italian comics :)
Hopefully my sequential work will get a lot better, I think my story telling is a bit better then what I did in Deadeyes so it is getting there slowly:)  Right better be off, as I will ramble. Hopefully get to meet some of you at the next comic con I get the chance to go to
Cheers for the welcome
Lee
Ps I still have hundreds of images to upload....so I will tell you when I update it some more...

artdroid_Lee Carter

Hi Jock....spotted...
hows things :)

dweezil2

Brilliant stuff! Hope to see a lot more of your work in future issue's of the galaxy's greatest comic!!!!
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Matt Timson

Cheers.  Really like your concept stuff (buildings and wotnot) which, frankly, takes a big fat dump over anything similar that I've ever done!

My favourite work of yours in comics is still that terror tale you did with Arthur Wyatt- just really nice to look at (don't underestimate the value of words like 'nice', kids) from start to finish.

Some good stuff there.
Pffft...

The Monarch

You helped bring back winwood and cord from the corezone

you are awesome in my eyes