Main Menu

Cheap Trades

Started by stacey, 02 April, 2009, 11:44:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stacey

I picked up Slaine The Horned God Part one in FP in Newcastle yesterday for £1.99 they also had other trades Judge Dredd:Emerald Isle for £1.99 and America pretty cheap too.  Just a heads up for the local lot!  :D

ThryllSeekyr

I, Cosh

Very. The FP in Glasgow never seems to have any of the 2000AD line on their sale racks.
We never really die.

IndigoPrime

The FP chain's been selling off 2000 AD trades for ages now. I've seen a lot of old Hamlyn/Titan stuff in the London, Dublin and Cardiff stores for naff-all money.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: "IndigoPrime"I've seen a lot of old Hamlyn/Titan stuff in the London, Dublin and Cardiff stores for naff-all money.

Well to be fair they've all been rendered a bit redundant now, haven't they, in light of Rebellion's uber-comprehensive new line?
@jamesfeistdraws

I, Cosh

Quote from: "Dark Jimbo"
Quote from: "IndigoPrime"I've seen a lot of old Hamlyn/Titan stuff in the London, Dublin and Cardiff stores for naff-all money.
Well to be fair they've all been rendered a bit redundant now, haven't they, in light of Rebellion's uber-comprehensive new line?
True, but if it's for a particular story then I generally prefer the old full size ones. Especially something that's not in print or not likely to be for a while. I got Anderson: Satan on eBay a couple of months ago and it'd take something special to get me to swap the Hamlyn edition of The Pit for the Rebellion one.

I didn't pick up on stacey's initial post that it was "Part One." I thought you meant the current edition. I was all for cycling down!
We never really die.

Paul faplad Finch

Why do I never spot these bargains - not fussed about missing Slaine of course - but bargains in general. To be fair I spend less time in FP Newcastle these last couple of months since I realised that The Traveling Man a few doors down from it has a much more comprehensive range of GN's. And a rather attractive young lady on the front desk , but that's by the by.
It doesn't mean that round my way
Pessimism is Realism - Optimism is Insanity
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read

Chancer

I bought Slaine and Emerald Isle for £1.99 each last week in there, as well as Lucifer book 2 for £1.99 (a series I intend to get round to one day).

And bought Dredd - Goodnight Kiss for £0.99 a few weeks ago!

Some very good deals to be had in FP.

stacey

Quote from: "Chancer"I bought Slaine and Emerald Isle for £1.99 each last week in there, as well as Lucifer book 2 for £1.99 (a series I intend to get round to one day).

And bought Dredd - Goodnight Kiss for £0.99 a few weeks ago!

Some very good deals to be had in FP.

I got all those too! And I did buy Lucifer vol 1 too, it's worth the cash actually, loved it.

Fapland, don't you go to both? they are practically next door to each other so I always go to both. I have my standing orders at Travelling Man but the sale stuff tends to be better in FP.

Chancer

I was in HMV on Oxford Street today, and had a quick look at their rather pathetic Graphic Novel section in the basement.  Not much ot it, but I did pick up a copy of From Hell for only £15 - pretty cheap I thought.

stacey

I got 11 GN's in FP for 6quid, none of them 2000AD related but still, bargain tastic!