Main Menu

200AD April Art Comp: Thrill Circuits To Maximum!

Started by Jim_Campbell, 05 April, 2009, 02:01:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antodonnell

No problem guys the dial will be set to 4.5 when I attack the final drawing. Thanks for the info Pete I shall hunt this prog down. Was there ever a Mean Machine collection trade ? That would be awesome. 1 copy sold here.  

QuoteJim, are we allowed to put up works-in-progress in general?

Are we not ? I did not know, sorry. I do find with art comps it keeps things fun and gives people chances to get feedback and make changes.

antodonnell

I found prog 1536 on clickwheel. When looking at it I remembered it straight away :( I got it in my pile at home. With that said I ve just gotten the 3 latest progs from clickwheel. Space saving genius idea it is.

uncle fester

Ant, I was just asking the question really. People have have posted WIPs before. I'm just worried that someone else is working on the same thing as me and being paranoid. And it was late when I posted that!

antodonnell

No worries uncle fester, one way of finding out if someone is doing a similar piece is to post a WIP and wait for the ......
it's just like mine post.    :lol:

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: "uncle fester"Jim, are we allowed to put up works-in-progress in general?

I have absolutely no problem with people putting up WIPs. Going forward, and to prevent confusion, I will only put up the last version of an entry that appears on this thread on the voting thread unless specifically asked otherwise (eg — you decide you like the uncoloured version better and want that to go forward for the voting).

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

CraveNoir

Kerrin,

Meant to say this the other day, but it fell out of my head when I was washing the dog. You can re-read Unamerican Graffiti online here:

//http://www.2000ad.org/?zone=thrill&page=thrillviewer&choice=unamerican

Oh, and I'm doing a Chopper thing too, but it's the next story. :)

Peter Wolf

A wholly derivative WIP but theres plenty of time to do something more original.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Kerrin

That's looking good Peter.

Cheers for the link Cravenoir, I'm not getting any images though, maybe I need to download some software. Much appreciated all the same fella. Looking forward to seeing what you've come up with, last months was ace mate.

Kerrin

Gibson Quarter

Buttonman, that is a hell of a disturbing image! LOL

I think its gonna put my entry to shame.

;)

CHeers,

Gibson

The Legendary Shark

Sibling Rivalry...

This looked a lot better in my head.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

SuperSurfer

That's damn good Legendary Shark. You got the pose just right – just as McMahon drew it. As a ten year old that story really hit me hard. 2000ad seemed so exiting, original – and cruel. That is my all time favourite classic moment and I was going to draw it. I've been looking for a reference for last few days and only just found one today when Wake mentioned the Thrillviewer at Barney. I don't have my old progs with me so this was my first rough sketch without any reference. I just sat down at the computer to try different angles. Not sure if I'll bail out now and try to think of something else.

Kerrin

I really must study my DC guide to inking and I might try messing around with colour on some photocopies, god knows I need to practice. Drawing the Big Meg is a hoot though, might try a large scale cityscape as a long term doodling project. Can you spot the three wheeled fatty?

antodonnell

Hi Kerrin nice image a lot of work has gone into it. I found the fatty  :lol:

For the inks be careful not to have any linework in the middle or background as thick as the foreground with Dredd otherwise it may look flat. At the moment the middle borders around the buildings have the same thickness as Dredds border. I really like the chosen camera angle and composition. It does seem to have lost the perspective in a few areas did you use any vanishing points ?