Main Menu

200AD April Art Comp: Thrill Circuits To Maximum!

Started by Jim_Campbell, 05 April, 2009, 02:01:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: "chris_askham"When does this comp close btw?

Page One, Post One, as always:

QuoteThe competition will remain open for entries until Friday 1 May, after which we'll have the usual week's worth of voting.

Hope that answers the question ...!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

antodonnell

Some excellent work popping up, I really like the chosen shot supersurfer I hope you get to finish it.
Great piece Simon I like the desaturated colours and the composition with the sisters of death coming from the solid black jacket.

Mangamax

Blast - why doesn't whats in me head go down onto the paper?  :?
Tried to "do" a Belardinelli of lots of detail but, when i finished the mouth, realised if i did the rest of the ship the same way it'd just be a mass of confusing muck. Hence the minimal finish on the rest of it.
Oh well.
Many thanks to Bolt for the lettering - an actual case of being able to polish a turd.

The perspective on that chairs all wrong

SIP

Thanks for the comment antodonnell - appreciate it.

The composition of this one has 'evolved' quite a bit.  Not sure if I got it right or not in the end.

Originally it had the four dark judges standing behind Kraken, gloating, with the sisters towering above the group (off to the left of the dead man's head).  It all got a bit too busy.

I actually quite liked the image with just the 'dead man' and a huge mass of black......but decided it was a bit sparse and went ahead with including Kraken.  
The sisters were added as an afterthought and Kraken made a bit smaller in the picture - ah the wonders (or should that be the curse) of Photoshop.

Anyway, glad you like it - looking forward to seeing all of the entries.

Pete Wells

Four cracking entries on this page gentlemen, all better than mine, ye shites!!!

uncle fester

All excellent stuff posted so far. I'm slightly panicked as this one ends next Friday and I'm still dithering over pencils and figure positioning!   :(

vzzbux

Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: "vzzbux"Mr Penter, another awesome piece.

Indeed. I think we may need to nobble Mr Penter, since he's clearly too good by half!

Cheers

Jim

Kerrin

Another lovely piece Simon. Great composition.

SIP

Cheers fellas!

Please don't nobble me....whatever that actually entails - it sounds painful.

Daveycandlish

Isn't that what James Caan has done in the film Misery?
Unless Mr Penter draws with his feet I can't see it helping the rest of us!
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

James

Wotcha! Here's my entry. Haven't done one for a while. Enjoy...

SuperSurfer

Quote from: "James"Wotcha! Here's my entry. Haven't done one for a while. Enjoy...
Sweet!

Kerrin

Nice one James, great piece of work.

I've nearly finished all those Megs.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: "James"Wotcha! Here's my entry. Haven't done one for a while. Enjoy...

Blimey, James ... I seem to remember you saying on a previous entry that you were rarely happy with your inks. Whatever you've been doing about that, it's bloody working! That's a splendid piece of work.

Cheers

Jim