Main Menu

Are any of these coming out?

Started by Jade Falcon, 11 April, 2009, 01:04:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jade Falcon

I've collected a lot of the reprints recently from the early days of 2000AD.  Recent purchases have been...

The VC's
The ABC Warriors:The Meknificient Seven
Rogue Trooper-All six books
Nemesis the Warlock, all books
Invasion and Savage:Taking Liberties
Ro-Busters

My knowledge of some of the newer stuff is a bit hazy, but is there a Savage story after the events of Savage:Taking Liberties.

Also, are they planning to release any more Rogue Trooper stuff.  I'd never read Realpolitik before, but remembered elements of Regene, but the book ended at a bit of a cliffhanger.  Is there going to be a continuation?

Another thing, would 2000AD consider reprinting the Harlem Heroes.  I know the German team shouting Sieg Heil is a bit...unPC, but the story that I read in one of the old 2000AD annuals from the 80's was enjoyable enough in its own way.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Colin YNWA

There's an ongoing thread in the General topic areas about stuff that's due for release.

//http://www.2000adonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=23795

And good news for you about Rogue Trooper in the interview linked from this thread

//http://www.2000adonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=24721

Jade Falcon

What do they mean by a case files reboot though.  Honestly, I've not long bought the 6 Rogue Trooper books I have, and I'm loath to rebuy them.  I'd much rather buy new material.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

radiator

Harlem Heroes was, I think reprinted in 2000ad Extreme Edition #13 - you might be able to get a copy on eBay.

Savage has since had another series - book 4 'The Guv'nor', and book 5 '1984' begins its run in 2000ad next week. There's currently no plans for further Savage graphic novels, but it may happen when there's enough new material to collect.

The remaining original Rogue Trooper material is considered a waste of time and so wasn't included in the graphic novels. Rogue Trooper chronology is well convoluted - to explain, I refer you to this thread:

//http://www.2000adonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=24508&p=421775&hilit=cinnabar#p421775

As far as I know there won't be further Rogue collections, and 'Case Files reboot' is a bit of jargon that just means that the original 6 books are going to be republished as (most likely) two thicker volumes, making it cheaper to collect the series. You might want to try and get hold of 2000ad Extreme Edition #15 though.

Jade Falcon

I see mention of a character called Cinnabar, what exactly is that, since there was a semi-recurring character by the same name in the DC Thomson Starblazer comics.

JayzusB.Christ

cinnabar was not a person but a place, which gave its name to what was in my opinion the best rogue trooper story ever written (by John Smith, which was unusual for the genetik freak). read it, it kicks the shit out of everything that came before it and everything that came after
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Roger Godpleton

I think Hammerstein is the only gay character in that list but I still don't think any of them will be "coming out" any time soon.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Jade Falcon

I wondered if there was going to be any further Savage prints becuase the "Taking Liberties" book has a "1" on the spine which made me wonder if there was going to be any more.

I've had a look for the Extreme Editions on Amazon and Ebay for Harlem Heroes and Meltdown, details of which I found on a website.  No luck yet, but I will keep an eye out.

How does "The 86ers" stand in the Rogue Trooper universe?

Jade Falcon

Well Red Hot Comics.com have managedto locate 2000AD Extreme edition 11-13 covering Meltdown Man and Harlem Heroes for £3.50 each.