Main Menu

Tempus Tantrum

Started by Eric Plumrose, 11 April, 2009, 12:12:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric Plumrose

Ages ago when I and many others here were tiddlers, Auntie (and ITV/Channel 4, for that matter) had a Shoals 'n' Colleges schedule on weekday mornings. As was sometimes the case, the presenters of these would read from a story book.

I remember one such book told the tale of a chap who lived alone in a multi-story building. On each floor there was clock, none of which (much to yer man's frustration) ever seemed to give the correct time. It wasn't until a friend of his came over with a pocket watch that the man realized why this should be, that he hadn't taken into account that time had elapsed each time he went upstairs or down.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is name that tale. 'Coz I'm buggered if I know.

And cue Lalo Schifrin.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

Bouwel

Damned if I can remember that one.
All I ever got to see were the horrible trendy ways to read and write courtesy of 1960's hippies that had just graduated and thought it'd be 'cool'.

Sounds interesting though, almost like an episode of Twilight Zone. Without the music. And having to sit cross legged on the school hall floor.

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-