Main Menu

Discovered / rediscovered music thread

Started by JayzusB.Christ, 16 April, 2009, 12:12:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gonk

coming at a cinema near you soon

Gonk

"Hairway to Steven" by the Butthole Surfers.

Gonk

Ween "12 Golden Country Greats" - a 1996 release. Now I didn't get my free t-shirt transfer with this copy, and there is only 10 songs on the album. My favourite is "Piss Up A Rope". :lol:

Colin YNWA

I liked it when this thread was all about what music you'd discovered, stumbled across again or what not. At the moment it seems to be Wonkychop's playlist!

Gonk

There is variation there though Colin. From reggae to country. That's what I like about music on the internet, it's all there at your fingers. I really hope my posting what I'm listening to isn't offending your ears. I'm just obssessed with it I suppose.

Colin YNWA

No its fair to say that almost all the music you've listed has been great. Sonic Youth for example are my favourite band and I'm a big Ween fan. Its also your choice to post what you like, so no offense.

Its just the constant posting has taken some of the magic from this thread popping up, which was always a bit of a treat.

Gonk

None taken. It's not that I expect everyone to say "wow" great taste in music". And I welcome any comments be it good or bad or indifferent.

I, Cosh

I am currently listening to Absolutely Cuckoo by the Magnetic Fields.

It's the first track on the triple album 69 Love Songs.
We never really die.

I, Cosh

Now I am listening to I Don't Believe in the Sun by The Magnetic Fields.

It's the second track on the triple album 69 Love Songs, but not one of my favourites so I might skip it, although it does have the lyric: "the moon, to whom, the poets croon...."
We never really die.

I, Cosh

Got bored waiting and fast forwarded to All My Little Words by The Magnetic Fields.

This is third track on the triple album 69 Love Songs. I especially like the chorus: "not for all the tea in China, not if I could sing like a bird, not for all North Carolina, not for all my little words.."
We never really die.

I, Cosh

A bit of light relief now with Chicken With its Head Cut Off by The Magnetic Fields.

It's the fourth song on the triple album 69 Love Songs and the first of their songs I knew as my mate Ryan often whistles it at work.
We never really die.

I, Cosh

"Reno Dakota there's not an iota of kindness in you" sang The Magnetic Fields on the fifth track from their triple album 69 Love Songs. Which I'm listening to right now.
We never really die.

I, Cosh

The seventh track on the The Magnetic Fields' triple album 69 Love Songs is the first of a number of real standouts: I Don't Want to Get Over You.

Or I could make a career of being blue,
I could dress in black and read Camus,
Smoke clove cigarettes and drink vermouth,
Like I was seventeen.
That would be a scream.
But I don't want to get over you.
We never really die.

I, Cosh

Ah fuck it. I'll probably listen to the rest of the album, but I've already lost interest in keeping you all up to date.
We never really die.

Gonk

:lol: Nice one! What was the name of that band I might chech 'em out... Magnolia Film?.... oh sorry Magnetic Field, of course.

Just listened to P.I.L.'s "Flowers of Romance"....I brought you flowers, but you wanted chocolates... the flowers of romaaancee