Main Menu

Scarey stuff...

Started by Proudhuff, 22 April, 2009, 04:21:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

If you saw it in a comic you may think the Goth thing over done, but this photo on William Gibson's blog is from The Czech Republic, plague victims apparently...

DDT did a job on me

SuperSurfer

Bouwel

There's quite a few places similar to this. As I remember one is in the crypt of a monastery and is designed to give the viewer a sense of the passage of time and impermance of life. I once had a web-link to it but it now seems to be dead. I think they're called ossary's (sp?) but I may be wrong.

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

Dandontdare

Saw this one last year - the catacombs beneath the Monastery of San Fransisco in Lima, Peru - not only nearly 10,000 people's remains, but arranged in pretty patterns or sorted into separate pits of femurs, then tibias, then ribs etc. 'twas very spooky. More here

johnnystress

I was there , in Kutna Hura a couple of times. I love it. I even bought a couple of plaster skulls that were cast from some of the residents

here I am, soberly reflecting on the poignancy of life and death

//http://www.kostnice.cz/

Tanky

Quotethis photo on William Gibson's blog is from The Czech Republic, plague victims apparently...

That'll be the imaginatively named Church of Bones where I plan to get married should such a thing happen. Bit of a cliche, yes but as one of my friends got married in Vegas on Hallowe'en, you'll understand the bar's been set pretty high  :D

Roger Godpleton

Someone should make a Wheel of Fortune.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Kerrin

Class shirt Johnny. I think you can a 'Norton's Pub' one now.