Main Menu

This weeks cover, uncoloured!

Started by Pete Wells, 22 April, 2009, 07:57:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Wells

While I enjoyed the awsome Chris Blythe's colours on this week's cover I really fancied seeing the moody, black and white original version.  Super artdroid Patrick Goddard kindly sent me a scan and gave me permission to share with the board. I loves it I do!

M.I.K.

You know what would be cool? A 2000ad colouring book.  :D

stacey

Quote from: "M.I.K."You know what would be cool? A 2000ad colouring book.  :D

I would sooooo buy that!

Edited to add - I actually have a Powers one, but a 2000AD one would be brill!

House of Usher

Quote from: "Pete Wells"I loves it I do!
Are you Welsh?
STRIKE !!!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: "House of Usher"Are you Welsh?

Given the lack of the words "Look", "You" or "Boyo", I'm going with no ...

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Peter Wolf

Does this pic remind anyone of The Punisher ?

[not meaning anything detrimental towards the artist or character by the way]
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

I, Cosh

Quote from: "M.I.K."You know what would be cool? A 2000ad colouring book.  :D
i think i've just found God
We never really die.

Mardroid

Quote from: "peterwolf"Does this pic remind anyone of The Punisher ?

I didn't think that, but now you mention it, I see what you mean. Moody guy with gun (ok not that alone as they grow on trees in comics) and the icon. On the wall instead of on the suit, but yep...

M.I.K.

The Punisher does seem to stand in front of a heck of a lot brick walls too.

antodonnell

I have not seen this until now, that's a pretty damn fine cover. I've always really liked Patrick Goddard's work.

Pete Wells

QuoteAre you Welsh?

Nah, I'm from sunny Sunderland in the Northeast. When it typed that sentence it sounded all Somerset in my head...

A 2000AD colouring book would be nice! Dirt cheap to do and would attract the little 'uns. My Cliff R commission would look great in one!

Van Dom

Thats the best idea ever!!! A 2000ad colouring book!!! Fantastic!!!!
They could make one up as a free gift for a future "commemorative" issue. Much better than badges, or stickers, or postcards or whatnot. Why has this never been done??
Probably because the powers that be think - a colouring book? Thats for little kids! What with the average, mature readership of 2000ad want with a colouring book.....

I think we need to set them straight!
We want a colouring book! Adults can colour in too!!!!!!!
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

worldshown

There's plenty to colour in the first 500 progs  :)

That cover does look really good in black and white.

Proudhuff

no doubt any minute some sqaddie will be along to rant about the hand grip....  :D
DDT did a job on me

Pete Wells

Anyone remember Rotadraw? They were plastic discs with strange squiggles cut out and numbers around the edge. You put a drawing pin in a hole in the middle of a plastic disc, made a mark on your paper, lined the numbers up with the mark and drew in the corresponding squiggle. Once you'd done all the squiggles and removed the disc you'd drawn a picture of Tom and Jerry, Mickey Mouse or whatever. I'd love to see 2000AD ones or Tank girl ones by Rufus!