Main Menu

FAVOURITE ARNIE LINES

Started by zombemybabynow, 22 May, 2009, 03:40:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zombemybabynow

Was watching Total recall the other night and almost wet myself;

Arnie's having a fight with his supposed wife and when he shoots her in the head, he says, "Consider that a divorce!"

Brilliant.  

Classic arnie lines that you think are brilliant?
Good manners & bad breath get you nowhere

Buddy

In that Batman film he was in he says

Hugh ah nat pudding me in da koola.

I like that one.

Richmond Clements

Oh FFS!
I just typed out a big reply to this and it bloody dissappeared...

In summary then- Predator is awash with the best quotes from any movie ever.

Bolt-01

Yeah, what's the point in typing out all the best lines, when you don't have time to bleed?

Peter Wolf

"If i am not me then who da hell am i ?"  [ Total Recall]

:lol:
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

the shutdown man

"SCROOOOOOOOOOO YOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"

or,

"YOU BLEW MY CAHVAH!!!"

Gotta love Total Recall. :D

And of course  "You're fired." from True Lies.
You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

uncle fester

"Let off some steam, Bennett" & "Don't disturb my friend, he's dead tired" from the popcorn & visible-crash-matt-fest that is Commando.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: "Bolt-01"Yeah, what's the point in typing out all the best lines, when you don't have time to bleed?

"What's the matter? NHS got you pushing too many pencils..?" (to misquote Dutch...)

dweezil2

"Git yaw arse to Mars." Another Total Recall gem.
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Kerrin

"I arm note shitting own you", Red Heat.

Great film.

Tiplodocus

"Ain't got time to bleed" isn't an Arnie line, is it?.

But "if it bleeds, we can kill it" is.
(And apart from the answer to "What is best in life?" from Conan is possibly the closest you'll get to philosophy in an Arnie movie.)

Most of his killzingers are very bad but...

One decent line does make it into the egregious BATMAN AND ROBIN. It's one of the few lines that isn't an ICE pun where he hands over the cure to a disease and says "Take two of these then call me in the morning!".

If I recall there's a cut scene in LAST ACTION HERO where he shoots a PRIEST and then stops to comment "I was making him more holy".

But I think my all time favourite is when he's under the truth serum in True Lies.  Arnie is actually acting, it's a clever setup and funny idea (not just shoe horned in flippancy alongside a brutal kill) and it's followed by some kick ass action.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

ThryllSeekyr

QuoteIn summary then- Predator is awash with the best quotes from any movie ever.

Agreed!!!

Also from PREDATOR

To sombody with a large knife....... he either said  'Stick around " or "Hang around".

QuoteYeah, what's the point in typing out all the best lines, when you don't have time to bleed?

Not that I can remember the exact wording......

Jesse Ventura-

"I ain' got time tah bleed"

To which another mercanary nearby replied " Have you got time to duck"?

There was plenty more where that came from.

CONAN THE BARBARIAN

I think it was one of his adventuring companions who asked him if anything really hurts him.

To which he replied "Only PAAAIIN!"

TERMINATOR

These can be understood in any context.....

Actor Trademark:  "I'll be back!"

"Hasta la vista, baby!"

"Dick wad!"

TWINS

"It's not a tumaaaa"

I know actal spelling is "Tumor", but it's the way he says it.

the shutdown man

Quote from: "Tiplodocus"But I think my all time favourite is when he's under the truth serum in True Lies. Arnie is actually acting, it's a clever setup and funny idea (not just shoe horned in flippancy alongside a brutal kill) and it's followed by some kick ass action.

True Lies did have some of his best intentional comedy. (as opposed to almost any other line mentioned here where it's both kickass and funny purely because it's Arnie saying it)

"I know what this is. This is an espresso machine."
You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

Professor Bear

"You shoot not drink unt bake!"

"To crush yaw enemies.  See them driven before you - and to hear the lamentation of dayr wimmin."

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: "Professah Byah""To crush yaw enemies.  See them driven before you - and to hear the lamentation of dayr wimmin."

Yep, that was one hell of an inauguration speech.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]