Main Menu

New 2000AD Covers Blog

Started by Pete Wells, 06 July, 2009, 06:33:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ming

Great stuff, Pete.  Cry of the Werewolf is one my my all-time favourites, as you well know!  If you're adding spooky / supernatural covers, you could throw in something from The Warlord (which had three covers for a five-episode story) and The Haunting of Sector House 9 (not to mention Judge Death & Co.).  A comprehensive spooky collection would be great, actually - could shoe-horn in that Riders on the Storm cover as well...

Pete Wells

Finally, Prog 1796's cover is on my blog, with a nice little history lesson on Max Normal - gravy!

w3bz

Buttonman

Praise from Caesar indeed!

It is an excellent blog with some great finds. Don't know why my comments are always dropping off this and the Cellar of Dredd though?, could the owners fear - THE TRUTH?! Probably just the Google sign in ID being a pain in the bum though.

Pete Wells

Quote from: Buttonman on 08 September, 2012, 12:05:50 AM
It is an excellent blog with some great finds. Don't know why my comments are always dropping off this and the Cellar of Dredd though?, could the owners fear - THE TRUTH?! Probably just the Google sign in ID being a pain in the bum though.

It's a part of the restraining order Watson!

I've just put Prog 1800 on the blog but made it a bit of a 2000AD Bisley Special so hopefully those that didn't like the arsetastic cover will find something they like!

Pete Wells

Crivvens! Today's Clint Langley wraparound ABC cover is a Bobby Dazzler, check it out on the blog!

Pete Wells

Wahooo, the blog is now fully up to date with Pye Parr's movie-tastic Dredd cover of Prog 1799. It's well worth a read...

Pete Wells

My blog has reached a fifth of a million hits today! I know most of them are me, but it's still an achievement!

To celebrate, I've posted the current top ten most read posts ever - you may well be surprised!

http://2000adcovers.blogspot.co.uk/

DrJomster

Well done Pete! Excellent work!

Roll on the next 200,000! Just keep clicking on the blog, you'll get there in no time!   ;)
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Pete Wells

Quote from: DrJomster on 26 September, 2012, 10:42:18 PM
Roll on the next 200,000! Just keep clicking on the blog, you'll get there in no time!   ;)

I might install one of those auto refreshing apps to my browser!

Sorry to come across like an attention whore (who, moi?) but what to folk think of the top ten list? One artist is on there THREE times and another twice - who can it be? McMahon? Ezquerra? You'd be suprised...

CrazyFoxMachine

It's a brilliant list, Mr Pete and I fully agree with the Supersquirrel choice - LEVELL FOR... President?!

Pete Wells

Well, my cover of the year (so far!) is on the blog at last. I frigging LOVE this...

Spikes

Tis a very lovely cover, and one i could have sworn was by Colin MacNeil when i first picked up a copy.

CrazyFoxMachine

yeah it took me ages to figure out it wozzim before I looked inside. More of this Mr Willsher!

Pete Wells

Wahoo, three post in four days! Check out Clint Langley's brilliant riff on Swamp Thing. The cover looks quite dark on my prog so it's great to look at a nice, shiny digital version...