Main Menu

New 2000AD Covers Blog

Started by Pete Wells, 06 July, 2009, 06:33:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Wells

I've edited this slightly to include contributions from Len O'Grady and a nice rant from Brendan!

ming

Great stuff Pete!  Glad to see you managed to get hold of Brendan, and that he came up with the goods :D

Pete Wells

Yep, a real Easter treat! Thanks for letting me use your artwork too Dave.

Pete Wells

Aaaand this weeks' cover is up. A nice character piece from Paul Marshall.

ming

Quote from: Judge Jack on 29 March, 2012, 06:41:39 PM
I still cant quite square that in my mind as being drawn by Cam.
Ming, hurry up and ask him!  ;)

From Cam:
"From this old fuddled memory I seem to remember the editor askin' me if I could adhere to Mike's style. I have vague memories of Mike bein' ill for a period of time and I suppose they were obsessed with continuity."

:)

Pete Wells

Wah! One of the post I was looking forward to writing the most has turned out to be the most difficult! I shall edit forthwith!

ming

Is that connected to what I just posted, by any chance?

Pete Wells

Aye! I've put it in the main body though too, and give you a credit.

Hmmmmmm, interesting you should be talking to Cam... the illusive new artwork perhaps?

ming

Spikes

Quote from: ming on 15 April, 2012, 12:24:35 PM
Quote from: Judge Jack on 29 March, 2012, 06:41:39 PM
I still cant quite square that in my mind as being drawn by Cam.
Ming, hurry up and ask him!  ;)

From Cam:
"From this old fuddled memory I seem to remember the editor askin' me if I could adhere to Mike's style. I have vague memories of Mike bein' ill for a period of time and I suppose they were obsessed with continuity."

Mystery solved then! Wouldnt have said it was by Cam in a million years, and still cant quite get my head round it to be honest (many years of believing one thing, and now having to adjust, and all that).

Pete Wells

A bit of a change while I await a reply from Mr McKay - an Ameriky themed instalment to celebrate the IDW deal, including a breakdown of the IDW teaser and and loads of classic Dredd images!

SKD

That's an excellent Dredd picture, the helmet is very 'Bisley' in style. I'm looking forward to seeing the IDW series. Great blog Pete. :thumbsup:

Stew.

Pete Wells

Cheers Stew, it really means a lot. I'm really excited for the IDW deal, even if it just means more covers for the blog!

Pete Wells

This weeks' Flesh cover is finally up, I love it!

Pete Wells

Edmund Bagwell's cover is up. I absolutely love this, the city looks amazing. A touch of Ezquerra, McMahon, Taylor and loads of Bagwell. Really brilliant.