Main Menu

Scotch Corner

Started by Proudhuff, 15 July, 2009, 02:52:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Given 2k's high level of Jockdom, I thought the board may be interested in this:

This is how they intro themselves:

Scotch Corner is a collection of Scottish professional artists. They include Thomas Crielly, Gary Erskine, Andy Hepworth, Jon Hodgson and Graeme Neil Reid.
Every day there will be a new piece of art* posted, each artist posting on a certain day.
This blog is shamelessly inspired and ripped off from the Eclectic Micks.

I see there are a couple of boarders there already  ;)

and the link:

http://scotchcorner.blogspot.com/

DDT did a job on me

COMMANDO FORCES

I thought Scotch Corner was on the A1 in England!

vzzbux

Yeh I was dumped there on an army initiative weekend once and had to do certain tasks throughout the country. Ahhh good times.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Peter Wolf

I have never visited Scotland.When i lived in the Lake District i never made it further north than Penrith which was a wasted opportunity really looking back.Adjoining land to the house was/is owned by descendents of the Mcdonalds and i am vaguely aware of some kind of animosity/rivalry between the Campbells and the Mcdonalds who were Scottish clans apparently.

Never heard of Scotch Corner either and i have been informed by someone that the Scots hate being referred to as "Scotch".

Not sure if that is correct or not ?

The Scots have made some bloody excellent music over the years though.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

JayzusB.Christ

I thought Scotch people could only play bagpipes.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Mike Gloady

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 22 July, 2009, 05:32:54 PM
I thought Scotch people could only play bagpipes.
Not far off.  Actually you need a scotch in you to think about handling bagpipes.  I used to work for YEARS in a musical instrument shop and bagpipes were the only thing that intimidated me from across the room.  Courage was required.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

JayzusB.Christ

I'd imagine it's like trying to fellate the Starborn Thing.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

TordelBack

QuoteI'd imagine it's like trying to fellate the Starborn Thing.

Obviously you can't see, but I'm literally crying with laughter.  Many thanks, JBC.

Dog Deever

Heh. I come from a line of pipers and have never been allowed to forget the fact that I can't play them- first male of my family in around a hundred years never to have learned. It is a constant source of disappointment to my father.
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

JayzusB.Christ

QuoteObviously you can't see, but I'm literally crying with laughter.  Many thanks, JBC.
I aim to please, sir.

JOE SOAP

Looks like the "Eclectic Micks" idea is being adopted globally, wasn't it originally Bob Byrne's idea?

Funt Solo

Quotei am vaguely aware of some kind of animosity/rivalry between the Campbells and the Mcdonalds who were Scottish clans apparently

Ah, yes - all Scotch kids get taught about this in primary school, and if you fail the subsequent tests you get thrown off an oil rig and have to swim to the shore.

The basic story is that the Campbells stole the Mcdonalds soup recipe and got rich from it.

An angry nineties throwback who needs to get a room ... at a lesbian gymkhana.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Funt Solo on 14 October, 2009, 11:26:07 PM

The basic story is that the Campbells stole the Mcdonalds soup recipe and got rich from it.

We should never have left the bastards with that fuckin' clown, though.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Dog Deever

QuoteThe basic story is that the Campbells stole the Mcdonalds soup recipe and got rich from it.

We should never have left the bastards with that fuckin' clown, though.

Cheers!

Jim

I think all o' us other clans were pretty surprised that ye did!
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.