Main Menu

August Previews, for October shipping

Started by Grant Goggans, 29 July, 2009, 11:09:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grant Goggans

Here are the new solicits, out today.  Looks like Stronty Dog will be coming to bat for Dante after its next story.  For those of us who try and order Rebellion books from Diamond, the fifth Sin Dex book, "Money Shots," is NOT solicited.

In the Meg... Bato Loco?!  Well, there's a pleasant surprise.

REBELLION

2000 AD OCTOBER 2009 PACK
(W/A) Various
Still the UK's premier comic-book after 32 years of continuous publication, 2000 AD remains at the cutting edge of graphic SF entertainment! Dredd has mutant troubles and must track down a murderous gang of bandits in "Tour of Duty;" the assault on the tomb of the Shakara commences in Shakara: Destroyer; Gene Hackman runs with the Wild Ones in Kingdom: Call of the Wild; mutant bounty hunter Johnny Alpha takes on a missing persons case in Strontium Dog: The Mork Whisperer; and Uriel's Machiavellian schemes take shape in Necrophim: Hell's Prodigal. The October 2009 pack contains 2000 AD Progs #1656 to #1659. (C: 0-1-2)
Magazine Pack, PC   SRP: $18.00

JUDGE DREDD MEGAZINE #290
(W/A) Various
More pulse-pounding excitement from the world of Judge Dredd! It's a fight to the death against multiple enemies in Judge Dredd: Snakebite; revelations abound in the final instalment of Armitage: The Mancunian Candidate; and Mega-City Mob trouble-magnet Bato Loco returns in a new story "Kiss Me Deadly." Plus more madcap mayhem with Tank Girl by Alan Martin and Rufus Dayglo, reviews, interviews and much more. And in the bagged graphic novel this month, revisit one of Armitage's early cases in "Influential Circles." (C: 0-1-2)
Magazine w/ graphic novel, 64pgs, PC   SRP: $10.99

JUDGE DREDD: MECHANISMO TP
(W) John Wagner (A) Colin MacNeil, Peter Doherty, Carlos Ezquerra
A new kind of justice is coming to the mean streets of Mega-City One! The Judge forces have been savaged by the bloody zombie war during Judgement Day. When there is a major cubebreak, it's time to call in Mechanismo. Wired for law and built to judge, the robo-enforcer soon becomes an unstoppable force! (C: 0-1-2)
SC, 176pgs, B&W   SRP: $24.99

Also appearing this month, from Titan:

TITAN PUBLISHING

CLASSIC DAN DARE VOLUME 12: SAFARI IN SPACE HC
(W/A) Frank Hampson
When Dan and his crew are abducted from a well-earned holiday, they cannot believe the identity of their abductor — the brilliant, long-missing Scottish scientist Galileo McHoo! But their captor reveals an even more astonishing secret: he knows what happened to Dan's father, and wants to set out to find him using a fantastic, experimental spacecraft! (C: 0-1-2)
HC, 9x12, 96pgs, FC   SRP: $19.95

MODESTY BLAISE VOLUME 17: DEATH IN SLOW MOTION TP
(W) Peter O'Donnell (A) Neville Colvin
Modesty and Willie race against time to save an old friend and his daughter in a desert, foil a Caribbean drug courier racket while playing Robinson Crusoe, and battle a sinister and deadly assassination bureau! With introductions by creator Peter O'Donnell and an exclusive feature by Eisner-award winning artist Steve Epting, this is a must-have for fans of stylish comic adventures! (C: 0-1-2)
SC, 104pgs, B&W   SRP: $19.95

Along with these other collections of interest:

ORION

EAGLE ANNUAL: THE BEST OF THE 1960S COMIC HC
(W/A) Various
From Dan Dare, Pilot of the Future, to PC 49: Extra Special Agent Harris Tweed, and Jeff Arnold in Riders of the Range, The Eagle carried some of Britain's most popular strips from its launch right through to the sixties. This cool collection fits right into the current vogue for "retro-futurism," and features the strips as well as individual drawings and artwork, original advertisements, and a present-day narrative that will appeal to contemporary boys, lads, and dads. (C: 0-1-2)
HC, 8x11, 128pgs, FC   SRP: $19.95

PANINI PUBLISHING LTD

DOCTOR WHO: THE WIDOW'S CURSE TP
(W/A) Various
In this second volume of comic strips collecting the tenth Doctor's complete adventures from the pages of Doctor Who Magazine and the Doctor Who Storybook, the Time Lord meets gigantic monsters with Martha Jones, fights zombies and the Sycorax with Donna Noble, and battles sinister Skith in the freezing wastes of the Antarctic! The original color strips by creators including Ian Edgington, Rob Davis, Mike Collins, and others are digitally mastered and collected in graphic novel form for the first time ever. (C: 0-1-1)
SC, 212pgs, FC   SRP: $24.99

radiator

I'm a little bit concerned about these Armitage reprints - we've already had First Cut, Flashback has been mentioned and now this? Don't want this to turn into a situation like we had with the endless 'Future sport' serial (Mean Team?) in the Extreme Editions.

I, Cosh

Found this, which may be of interest to some of you, tucked discretely away in that column. I'd buy them both myself if I didn't already have them. I hope this series gets a full trade printing as there are some great, great issues along the way.

SHADE THE CHANGING MAN VOL. 1: THE AMERICAN SCREAM TP (NEW PRINTING)
Written by Peter Milligan
Art by Chris Bachalo and Mark Pennington
Cover by Brendan McCarthy
   Shade is back in this new printing of the groundbreaking Vertigo trade from writer Peter Milligan. Collecting the first six SHADE issues, beginning with Kathy George's encounter with Shade's arrival on Earth from his home dimension of Meta – in the body of her parents' killer. From there, Shade and Kathy journey into America's collective unconscious to find the evil known only as The American Scream.
   These are the classic Vertigo stories written by Peter Milligan, so if you've been digging the acclaimed writer's work on GREEK STREET and HELLBLAZER, be sure to pick up this new printing of Milligan's earlier work!
Advance-solicited; on sale November 25 • 168 pg, FC, $17.99 US • MATURE READERS

SHADE THE CHANGING MAN VOL. 2: THE EDGE OF VISION TP
Written by Peter Milligan
Art by Chris Bachalo, Bill Jaaska and Mark Pennington
Cover by Brendan McCarthy
   This new, second volume collects SHADE THE CHANGING MAN #7-13 for the first time ever, as Shade and Kathy George continue their epic, mind-bending journey into the heartland of a nation on the trail of The American Scream.
Advance-solicited; on sale November 25 • 192 pg, FC, $19.99 US • MATURE READERS

We never really die.

Grant Goggans

You know, I've got every issue of Milligan's Shade, and I'd still rather have a full collection of the original by Ditko than a second TPB of this.

Colin YNWA

Have to say those Milligan Shades are brillant. Infuriatingly I'm still missing issue 64 and await eBay patiently!

planetoid

QuoteDredd has mutant troubles and must track down a murderous gang of bandits in "Tour of Duty

I guess the new Dredd mega-epic is called Tour of Duty. Sorry if I'm stating the obvious! :P

TordelBack

QuoteGene Hackman runs with the Wild Ones in Kingdom: Call of the Wild

Critical definite articles aside, that snippetito gets my juices flowing!  Are we to assume Gene and Lissey encounter a pack of feral dog-soldiers, freed from the Urgings but without Gene's sense of duty?  Awesome awesome awesome.

O Lucky Stevie!

Quote from: TordelBack on 30 July, 2009, 11:01:20 AM
Are we to assume Gene and Lissey encounter a pack of feral dog-soldiers, freed from the Urgings but without Gene's sense of duty?  Awesome awesome awesome.

Anyone else experience a visceral Maurice Sendak thrill upon reading the above?

Quote from: Grant Goggans on 29 July, 2009, 11:09:16 PM
In the Meg... Bato Loco?!  Well, there's a pleasant surprise.

Another crumb of Renniosity from Tharg's secret stash?
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

O Lucky Stevie!

Quote from: planetoid on 30 July, 2009, 09:58:21 AM
I guess the new Dredd mega-epic is called Tour of Duty. Sorry if I'm stating the obvious! :P

Murderous gang of bandits? Be a crying shame if [spoiler]any of them nice young Fargo boys were mixed up with this lot,[/spoiler] eh?
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Tiptonman

I'd be thrilled if we could ever get to have the entire Dan Dare: Return of the Mekon epic reprinted (from the 1980s Eagle revival).

I, Cosh

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 30 July, 2009, 08:15:44 AM
Have to say those Milligan Shades are brillant. Infuriatingly I'm still missing issue 64 and await eBay patiently!
I've finally gotten around to filling the gaps. Here's a copy of Shade 64
We never really die.

Colin YNWA

Thanks for the heads up. Luckily managed to pick this up wee bit ago. Really looking forward to finally reading the entire series.

Grant Goggans

Quote from: Grant Goggans on 29 July, 2009, 11:09:16 PM
REBELLION

2000 AD OCTOBER 2009 PACK
(W/A) Various
Still the UK's premier comic-book after 32 years of continuous publication, 2000 AD remains at the cutting edge of graphic SF entertainment! Dredd has mutant troubles and must track down a murderous gang of bandits in "Tour of Duty;" the assault on the tomb of the Shakara commences in Shakara: Destroyer; Gene Hackman runs with the Wild Ones in Kingdom: Call of the Wild; mutant bounty hunter Johnny Alpha takes on a missing persons case in Strontium Dog: The Mork Whisperer; and Uriel's Machiavellian schemes take shape in Necrophim: Hell's Prodigal. The October 2009 pack contains 2000 AD Progs #1656 to #1659. (C: 0-1-2)
Magazine Pack, PC   SRP: $18.00

American readers!  Word from Athens is that this pack shipped today.  It's not on Diamond's public ship list today, because it was on Diamond's public ship list three weeks ago, but the shop just phoned to tell me they received it.

Hell Trekker

I was lucky enough to receive my October pack a few weeks ago.  My shop tells me the November pack will be in next Wednesday.  I look forward to it.

COMMANDO FORCES

I presume in these packs you get 4 2000AD's and 1 Meg, if so what a Thrillpower overload you'll have ;)