Main Menu

Small Press Big Mouth - Interview Richmond Clements

Started by stacey, 16 September, 2009, 07:28:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stacey

Small Press Big Mouth Episode 8 has just gone up! Me and Lee interview Richmond Clements about all things Futurequake, Hi Ex and his upcoming projects!

http://wp.me/pikV4-1TB

Bolt-01

That was good fun.

The artist Rich couldn't remember at the end Was Stewart McKenny and he's done work for both Marvel AND Dark Horse since he worked with us.

Stace & Co, thanks for the nice things about FQP and Dogbreath and Zarjaz- It is really nice to hear people like our work.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 16 September, 2009, 10:33:51 AM
That was good fun.

It was indeed. Thanks for the mensh, RAC. I think this is an opportune moment to urge people to run out and by Turning Tiger #1 as soon as it goes on sale, BTW.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Richmond Clements

Cheers guys!

That wasn't half as horrible to listen back to as I had feared it would be.

uncle fester

Another fun podcast - keep it up  :)

I have a blind spot when it comes to Bisley's work as I still think the ABCs stuff mentioned in the podcast is faultless, and as such is a massive influence on me. I haven't seen the Slaine stuff that His Lordship talked about, so I'll let you all off! 

Mike Carroll

Excellent podcast - as always. Not too sure about this mister Richmond Clements lad, though. Sounds like a bit of a dodgy character to me.

stacey

I'm glad it wasn't too horrid listening back Richmond!  I still struggle listening to my voice.  It was really fun to do and thanks for making our first interview so easy! 

Thanks for the kind words everyone and Bolt - you know we love your stuff bonny lad you rock!   

Emperor

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 16 September, 2009, 10:33:51 AMThe artist Rich couldn't remember at the end Was Stewart McKenny and he's done work for both Marvel AND Dark Horse since he worked with us.

Details:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stewart_McKenny
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

WoD

Quote from: Emperor on 17 September, 2009, 11:45:10 AM
Quote from: Bolt-01 on 16 September, 2009, 10:33:51 AMThe artist Rich couldn't remember at the end Was Stewart McKenny and he's done work for both Marvel AND Dark Horse since he worked with us.

Details:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stewart_McKenny

His work on Triumph of the Will was great...FQ#6

Richmond Clements

But is was in FutureQuake... I got that much right!

Didn't I..?

Emperor

Good stuff and the Allan Pinkerton GN sounds great.

Lovely voice too, [spoiler]Rich[/spoiler] ;)
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Richmond Clements

Emperor

So, in summary, as well as your other small press work you have:

• Turning Tiger from Renegade Entertainment
  • Allan Pinkerton bio for Insomnia with an artist you are still negotiating with?
  • A medieval manga with... do we know the artist?

PS - make sure to keep your blog updated, y'hear ;)

Also what do people think about asking for this thread to be moved to the comics forum?

Devons Daddy

i subscribe the geek network and get this one each release.

all good stuff, but and this may be an issue with my download. i find the podcast very echo-y (is that a word?)as if the podcast is made from a cargo container,
any other find the audio quality slightly below par.

i find its pronounced through my earphones, but ok the speakers in my office.
good podcast though.
very enjoyable.

I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

stacey

Actually I would be really interested to know if anyone else had this problem, it sounded fine to me when I was editing it and listening to it right though before sending.  I did notice a couple of little sound things where I had ran the whole cast through some software called the Levelator which evens the speech out, had increased the noise of someone typing making it sound really odd.  And I know I drop out a couple of times and had to manually amplify it. 

I'm also really interested in any tips anyone can pass on.  Iz from Comic Racks gave me lots of help for editing the first ep but have pretty much taught myself after that, so any tips or problems that you've noticed - please let me know!