Main Menu

Why did i?

Started by mogzilla, 11 October, 2009, 12:23:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Stacey

I worked in a game shop for a couple of years (Virtual Reality - they are long gone now) We had an unwritten policy to tell people to nob off if they came in saying 'I brought this game and my mate / mum / uncle brought it for me too. It's the weakest excuse ever and no one believes it, even if it is true. It was always the same shit games that got brought back so you knew full well when someonw was lying. The way to take a game back is be genuine. Say 'look I brought this game and it really is terrible, can I exchange it' and they will invariably be so happy that you didn't try the 'my mate brought me this' bullshit they will offer you a full refund. It has worked every time for me in Game and Gamestation.

ThryllSeekyr

I never really tried that, as I have pretty much tolerated every game I have purchased. Though there was once a time when I brought this game called Bard's Tale Two and it was packaged with one of the essential gameing disk that was intended for the the first game in the series. This meant that I could create of party of adventurers and have them walk around the town of Skara Brae, but they could never actualley start the quest because I was given the wrong dungeon disk.

Though I never took the game back.

In those gays I wouldn't have dared or bothered.

Now I was suspicous that the store clerk might have been intenionally forcing goods from a inferior a shipment on me or this might be surprise to both of us.

Anyway, how does the expression worded in Latin go?

You know Buyer Beware.

TordelBack

QuoteIn those gays I wouldn't have dared or bothered.

Freud would have loved a crack at you, your Honour.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: TordelBack on 12 October, 2009, 03:40:47 PM
QuoteIn those gays I wouldn't have dared or bothered.

Freud would have loved a crack at you, your Honour.

Not sure i would have done either but each to their own of course.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

uncle fester

I've generally been quite lucky with buying games. The last stinker I can remember was this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGVL4NKvARw (£9.95 at the time. So crap, even the reviewer gets annoyed with it.)

It may be older than some boarders, though...

On the other hand I'm glad I didn't get this though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hno52UfXYsQ&feature=related

It was fun but I remember completing it at the first attempt.

ThryllSeekyr

Quoting Myself....

In Those Gays.....[/1]

End OF Quote

What was I thinking when I wrote that?

:-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

What is it about gays?

I useally typo when I alittle nervous or anxious and lately I get like that alot. Though I have started proof reading my posts more often. I do hope some people notice the improvement.

mogzilla

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 12 October, 2009, 05:46:56 PM
Quoting Myself....

In Those Gays.....[/1]

End OF Quote

What was I thinking when I wrote that?

:-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

What is it about gays?

I useally typo when I alittle nervous or anxious and lately I get like that alot. Though I have started proof reading my posts more often. I do hope some people notice the improvement.

theyre happy and brightly coloured if you read the oxford english dictionary tho i do know a lady gay person who tends to live in a navy blue tracksuit...

Devons Daddy

i was bitterly dissapointed with call of jaurez,
bound in blood.

i really was looking forward to a great current gen upgrade of GUN, cowboys, horses and on.
what i got was a waste of my money. very slow, generic, i should trade it in really. but it irks me to not even have finished the game.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!