Main Menu

Pat Mills talk at Watford

Started by stacey, 16 October, 2009, 10:51:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stacey

One of the girls on the SFX forum just posted this thought I'd post it up here too!

"Pat Mills is coming to Watford to talk about his work. I have put my name down for a ticket (£3!) but I was the first one so I said I'd spread the word.

Watford is insanely easy to get to from London, please come!

Watford Library 01923 471333 for enquiries."

Wake

Hi. Do you have a date/time for that?

Cheers,

Wake

dangermouse3597

The poster in question isn't online at the moment sorry I'll post the question over there for you.
Ken.

Mike Gloady

Watford is a short bus ride from me. 

I'm so there it hurts, especially after missing all his recent signings due to family issues.  The man's a legend.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

dangermouse3597

It's on 19th November at 8PM folks.
Ken.

Mike Gloady

Nice, thanks so much for finding that out.

Large48

[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

stacey

Marbles

Anyone able to record it for a podcast ?
Remember - dry hair is for squids

Mike Gloady

Don't have any of the appropriate gear I'm afraid, but I'm sure someone else will.  I've met him at signings before and he's a good guy.

Roger Godpleton

I will give someone £5 if they ask Pat for his thoughts on The Losers movie, followed by "Where are your movies Pat?"
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Mike Gloady

I'm not touching THAT with a bargepole. 

I respect the fella, I'm not going to deliberately piddle him off like that.  He's got an ace cartoon on the way (two if you count the not-heard-about-it-in-a-while Marshal Law thingy).

ThryllSeekyr

|Quoting Watford....

Watford is insanely easy to get to from London, please come!

End of Quote

Not from where I am!

On Pat Mills being interveiwed.

What will the discussion be about?

Can we submit any questions of our own even if we don't turn up?

Perhaps a Slaine question, something I always wanted to know.

Nothing really silly or complicated, I don't want to waste his time with something really trivial.

ThryllSeekyr

Just making a ammendment my last post.

Where I wrote Quoting Watford.....

When I really meant to say Quoting Stacy.....

Thats a awfully embarrassing mistake that had to happen when I had already used up my alotment of Edits for the time being.

The answer to the question that I had been preparing for Pat Mills had been revealed to me a short while ago when I Googled the word Gower for it's exact meaning.

As I wanted to mearly know the exact location of Worm's Head farm on the Gower. As it was explained/shown in Dragonheist story without much other clue, except for one (Noted Later *). I beleive I had used the words Worms Head when using Google Earth on some earlier occasion without any positive results. Not that I expected anything from that web search at that stage. The idea of a real live Dragon farm sounds little far fetched. Perhaps a place with alot of wild goats. Anyway, I was mearly looking for a Gower --Supposedly a geographic term for vast field or plain on raised plateau--. Just north of a lake connected to water way, a silver forest and some black mountains. Though, those other things have alluded me. I managed to find that Worms Head on the Gower really does exist, but it's a beach on south-west coast, Wales, just above the Bristol channel.  Not a Moorland, althought there may be some moorland around there some where.

http://wikitravel.org/en/Gower_Peninsula

My confusion stems from that fact that in this case the Gower is more of title, rather than a geograghic term and Slaine is of course set in a era when that would have been considered to be highlands or moutainous and the west coast of Britain in the south would have been out as far as the actual west coast of Irleand. Shown in purple on the Bisley Map of Slaine, here.....

http://www.2000ad.org/covers/scans/hires/626.jpg

Before Slough Feg melted the ice sheets. Making the land of the Young two islands separated from the rest of Europe, more like it is today.

Should have been suspicious when I read that Slaine & Co. were in a wagon heading north throughthe Cambrian Lands. Another word for Wales.

I'm re-reading DragonHeist now.

Antywa, when I was looikng for the exac place, I kept going to the east coast. Preferably a place close to Durrington in Oxford, because I recall reading that Nest attended the Magic academy there. So, I started looking in areas just south and alittle toi the east of Wales. As there wereIt's quit distance from where Swansea actualley is. So, searched through the terrain neighbouring Wales alittle to the east and south. Actuelly, I was pretty close, as Swansea was just further west alittle more north to where I was looking. Though I never assummed it to be on the west shore.

Worms Head is alittle island off the coast.

So, how did Nest travel to college?

Maybe she went by horse and wagon. Staying in a dormentry on campus.

Although, I have more romantic notions of her taking the Knucker out each morning, so she can return in the evening to dine on roast deer with the folks back on the farm.