Main Menu

Halloween 2009

Started by Noisybast, 27 October, 2009, 07:36:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmallBlueThing

167 kids and parents round ours between 5 and 8- and a film crew shooting us, for what i dont know.

Jared Katooie

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 31 October, 2009, 07:54:34 PM
RTE, home of sensible scheduling.  Do they still do the Angelus thing I remember with such horror from childhood?

Oh yes. But now it has people from different races, cultures, and possibly even different faiths.

Personally I always liked the Angelus. I loved the way everyone pauses for a moment to stare off into the distance then gets back to what they were doing before - clearly they aren't saying the Angelus themselves!

Mike Gloady

OH WOW!

I wanna see it.  But with my entire family here in the UK or dead (same thing) I'd struggle for a reason to go back that didn't somehow entirely destroy the REAL reason (going to sit down to watch the 6:01pm news and the Angelus beforehand).

I'd like to do one myself.  An atheist Angelus......  Not sure how it'd work, but I'd love to give it a go.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Mike Gloady

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 31 October, 2009, 09:40:15 PM
167 kids and parents round ours between 5 and 8- and a film crew shooting us, for what i dont know.
Sorry?

HOW did I miss THAT?

Onehundred and sixty-seven guests?  I'm going to yours next Hallowe'en, it's beter than being hassled by my neighbours....

Peter Wolf

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 31 October, 2009, 09:40:15 PM

YES alright tell everyone how popular you are .....

;)

No trick or treaters round here either tonight or last night but its not really that kind of place really.Its too soulless and lacks a community spirit plus there arent many kids around here either and its too much of a disparate mix of people that are mostly transients.

Rubbish really as i had a load of plastic spiders and insects that glow in the dark to give away to them.Good job i didnt buy sweets or else i would have had to scoff the lot myself.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Professor Bear

Mike - RTE1 and RTE2 used to be available on Sky Digital, though I haven't watched regular telly in a couple of years so I'm not sure if this is still the case.

Not much going on around here this halloween, as most of the cosplay happened during the week on the final day of school before the break, and the streets are for the most part full of teenage packs in tracksuits throwing fireworks and swigging store brand energy drinks (damn you, Tesco KX!), but the pubs are packed with 'dults in a mix of thrown-together costumes (Reservoir Dogs, Scream and Catwomen mostly) and the usual store-bought Supergirl and Batgirl outfits.  I didn't fancy a heavy sesh, so I'm stopping in for a scary fillum.  I hear Half Blood Prince is frighteningly dull.

Christov

No trick or treaters! I'm astounded, usually the little buggers are banging on the door every three minutes.

Mike Gloady

Just freeview for me I'm afraid.  But if I got RTE on Sky as well as all the other groovy stuff....  Hmmmmm, it may well be the last straw that performs rapid miracle spinal surgery on the camel I was otherwise going to have put down.  Thanks for the into, Prof.

Radbacker

my dog i feel ill, damn combined Halloween & b'day party.  WHo was the bright spark that decided shooters would be a nice change.  for some reason my kitchen floor is sticky and there is a blond wig on the bench....i have no idea what happened.

CU Radbacker

Kerrin

HA-HA-HA! Happy Birthday Radbacker, sounds like you had a good one mate.

SmallBlueThing

167 trick or treaters- not party guests! halloween kids party to go to now, so bye for another day!

COMMANDO FORCES

I thought you'd be still in bed recovering after last night SBT ;)

vzzbux

Didn't finish work till 1830hrs. Bastards. The kids held off Trick or treating until I got round my Bro's house which was cool. Little Sophie was trying to go into people's houses, at least she wasn't kicking at people's door unlike Robbie a few years ago.
After that I went and picked up Emillie from the Ex's house.
On the whole a rather long shitty day with not much time with the kids. God I hate fucking work.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Pete Wells

I bought my usual box of Freddos and box of Chomps from Makro and excitedly prepared for Trick or Treaters. To my astonishment we got loads of cute little witches, zombies etc with their mams and dads and not one set of scumbag chavs, yay! Happily, I've still got loads of Chomps and Freddos left too. Happy Halloween indeed!

TordelBack

Happy birthday hangover Radbacker!

Well, that was officially the best Halloween since the days I was into blowing things up.

Check it out, peeps:  started the sunny day with a walk at the beach, including an impromptu swim; followed it up with afternoon tea (on one of those three-tiered tray things!) in a hotel overlooking the sea; headed to the playground for some climbing wall action; popped round to my parents to show off the Boy's homemade Jedi costume and scoff yummy homemade brack; went to the packed-out local library for a Spooky Puppet Show; watched some brilliant Skate Zombies from the art centre in the square and danced to some cool bongo musics; scooted home to carve only my second pumpkin Jack O'Lantern (oh so much easier than turnips, tradition be damned); then the Jedi (and Shmi) went out round the houses and to his delight ran into Darth Vader and some friends from the creche, and got more sweeties than his bag could hold; I waited in with the baby (dressed as a pumpkin - her, not me) and recieved about 40 kids, about three times last year's numbers (one terrific Corpse Bride and a fairly nifty homemade Ninja qualified for extra goodies, while Sporticus was as disturbing to see as ever), and totally cleaning us out to the point we had to start recycling the Boy's hoard.  Despite the fairly rough neighbourhood, not one scumbag showed up, and most of the kids had really put the work into facepaint and costumes.  Fireworks were way down this year too, gawd bless the recession, but amusingly we had an '09 Landcruiser driving about the estate selling rockets from the passenger seat, so  the smugglers mustn't be doing too bad.

My Jack'O'Lantern received much praise, 'natch, and this morning we're making pumpkin soup and baked pumpkin seeds!  I took first watch with the baby, and stayed up playing Professot Layton until my eyes bled.

Forgot to bob for apples, and didn't get around to making the calcannon, but otherwise a totally classic day, and at least a partial answer to Mike's query as to the appeal of having kids.