Main Menu

I don't understand the appeal of...

Started by wild-seven, 28 October, 2009, 01:04:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Gloady

I can't say i do. But at least we seem to be seeing a little less of those footless tights things. Ghastly. I also, other than medics and geophysics people, cannot forgive those croc shoes. Horrid.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Christov

Wearing Crocs should be classed as a war crime. I'm serious.

TordelBack

QuoteBut at least we seem to be seeing a little less of those footless tights things. Ghastly.

Oh dear God yes, those are hideous.  But little attracts my distaste quite so much as Ugg boots.  How could anything so obviously a five-minute fad last so long?  Mind you, I have little time for the whole foot area in general.

My, but it's good having a few lasses about this place to broaden the conversation.

Mike Gloady

SuperSurfer

Men who wear Birkenstocks should be shot on sight.

What is as bad, if not worse, is men wearing Ugg boots. I saw a geezer in a shop trying on a pair!

Dandontdare

Every girl under the age of 25 seems to be sporting BIG ironed hair these days. I think it's a horrible look. And enormous handbags with dozens of buckles, studs, straps, and random pointless metal bits.

Will stylish simplicity ever come back in?

COMMANDO FORCES

People who wear tracksuits when they look as if they have never done any physical activity in their entire life ::)

Mike Gloady

CF, I've never yet seen anyone attired head to toe in sportswear who doesn't look like the closest they get to physical exercise is playing fifa on the PS3.  Just look at all the people in those sportswear shops on a saturday afternoon - mostly fat, mostly lazy, mostly buying clothes that don't have buttons because they like an expandable waistband.  Tchuh!

Last time I went looking for gear for gym/jogging I was astonished at how many of them there are.  And that sports shops even SELL DRESSES.  Branded dresses with appropriate logo in prominent place.  I'm not making it up.  It's ridiculous.

Don't get me started on trying to buy trainers....

Queen Firey-Bou

skirts and trousers? cos trousers are comfortable and keep yer legs warm and are good for running in, and skirts are pretty & cover yer arse. combined ? why not.

crocs? I resisted for long enough, but needed something between the orthopeadic crip boots and furry slippers, as furry slippers get wrecked sloching out to compost heap etc. crocs? ( or their £2 equivalent ) waterproof comfy slippers ...result !

okay , so whats the appeal of teen vampires then ?

Tiplodocus

Deformed (e.g.bobble headed) action figures.

I can just about see the appeal of proper dolls that you take out of the box and lay with but all of these deformed variant figures (Here's the terminator with a huge head in a manga style) look crap to me...
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Mike Gloady

Appeal of teenage vampires?

There isn't any.  

Peter Wolf

Quote from: wild-seven on 28 October, 2009, 03:57:48 PM
What are those things that emo/skater boys have in their ears? I think they're called flesh tubes (funny, I thought that was something else). Ah, google informs me they're called 'flesh tunnels' - either way they're revolting and you may well end up looking like this

http://i43.tinypic.com/117edkh.jpg%22%20border=%220

Eeeuurrrgghhh.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

TordelBack

QuoteAppeal of teenage vampires?

There isn't any.

Agreed. Teenagers are practically vampires anyway (parasitic, light-hating, morose, high pitched bat-like squeaking, obsessed with swapping bodily fluids, smell like something died, think they'll live for ever), so there's nothing to be gained by fictionalising them.  Hunting them down and staking them, that's another matter.

Pull the ladder up, I say, adulthood is full.

Rio De Fideldo

Young girls all seem to favour what can only be described as Fonzie Jackets.

It'll be interesting to see what the new look will be.

The leggings and flat shoe/Ugg boot has been around for a good few years now.

wild-seven

Flip flops - for the beach yes but in decent society no. As if to prove my point somebody I know tripped over their loose flip flop earlier this year, broke their wrist and had to have a metal pin put in, had to take 3 months off work and she's still in physio. Anyway, your feet get all dirty too - yuck!
I was going to procrastinate but I think I'll leave it till tomorrow