Main Menu

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2

Started by Goaty, 02 November, 2009, 04:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Professor Bear

"Wolverines!" as an exclamation has very specific connotations for me, so I was happy to see that the level named as such is indeed set in smalltown America during a Russian invasion.  Score.

Tiplodocus

The WII version isn't going to be Modern Warfare 2 though is it? It's just MODERN WARFARE.

I'm not sure if I'll invest - something felt very wrong about the slaughter you were invited to perform on surrendering germans an hapless japanese in Call of Duty: World at War and I stopped playing because of it.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

COMMANDO FORCES

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 11 November, 2009, 06:39:31 PM
something felt very wrong about the slaughter you were invited to perform on surrendering germans an hapless japanese

Sadly this has happened in all wars and will happen in all the wars to come. Not just to the Germans and Japanese though.
Sometimes you can't accept the surrendering force due to the mission in hand and manpower available so there is only one way to get round this, you guessed it!

SuperSurfer

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 11 November, 2009, 06:46:43 PM
Quote from: Tiplodocus on 11 November, 2009, 06:39:31 PM
something felt very wrong about the slaughter you were invited to perform on surrendering germans an hapless japanese
Sadly this has happened in all wars and will happen in all the wars to come. Not just to the Germans and Japanese though.
Sometimes you can't accept the surrendering force due to the mission in hand and manpower available so there is only one way to get round this, you guessed it!

And it always helps to be on the winning side if you want to get away with it.

COMMANDO FORCES

Tiplodocus

I understand it perfectly in teh context of war.

But in the context of "a game" - it just felt wrong.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Professor Bear

In that case there's a bit in an airport that you'll love to bits in MW2, Tips.

Post-EMP Washington DC is also an awesome level.

mogzilla

the favela level was awesome! took me a few goes to get throuh that!

was slightly let down by the end level although it does set up nicely for modern warfare 3!

also i love the bonus "level" in the museum...[spoiler]basically a shooting gallery with every weapon in the game and a few dioramas who you can shoot...but,if you press the bells on the desks the exhibits come after you! [/spoiler]

on the whole loved it but thought modern wafrfare one was better .

Peter Wolf

Can anyone give a very short synopsis of the plot in this game ?

I am guessing Russians but i could be wrong but if the ememy is blue hatted chinese or eastern european UN troops then i am definately buying this game.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Professor Bear

Peter: A Russian terrorist frames the US for a massacre of thousands of people in an airport, resulting in open war between the two countries.
I'm simplifying a bit, but that's pretty much it.

The ISS bit was a nice touch, if utterly pointless.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Professah Byah on 12 November, 2009, 06:19:14 PM
Peter: A Russian terrorist frames the US for a massacre of thousands of people in an airport, resulting in open war between the two countries.
I'm simplifying a bit, but that's pretty much it.

The ISS bit was a nice touch, if utterly pointless.

Many thanks.

[love your icon by the way]
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Devons Daddy

WOW bloody hell what a game.

got a copy on thursday evening, mind blowing. and LIVE,no words to describe.
not even looked at specail ops yet.

the snow mpobile scenes and the rock climbing. BRILLANT!
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Dr Feeley Good

Try the special ops there brilliant !

Pete Wells

I've been ill in bed with man flu but my boy completed the single player game in two sittings (and he's shit at games) so I'm guessing it's fairly short.

Hey Steve, what are the Special Ops thingies?

Goaty

so what about Modern Warfare 2 weapons??

I like those dual weapons with handguns, and my fave, shotgun dual which was great to use in Brazil mission!

and love Striker weapon as using it in Wolverines mission at many Russian soldiers! hehe... and oh Predator weapon in that same mission!