Main Menu

MY RESPONSE TO ALL MOANERS ON THIS BOARD

Started by Batman's Superior Cousin, 13 November, 2009, 05:56:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Wow. I really did miss out on all the fun last night, that's what i get for having a really early night. Hopefully things will work as planed today and people will continue with it.
The weather has been shit here, all night, it woke me up a few times and all. It also looks like there flooding in lots of places, over here anyway, so be careful everyone.

Noisybast

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 14 November, 2009, 08:42:38 AM
If you're genuinely offended by my posts, then put me on your ignore list and be done with it.

Jim

I'm not sure that's the answer, Jim. At the risk of getting shouted at for sticking my oar in, here's my two penn'orth:

Whilst it's fairly plain that the majority opinion is with you (ie Batson should create a separate thread for his cover previews), I do think your responses have been getting a bit aggressive of late.

I can well see how Batson might be winding you up (and that appears to be his intention at this point), but is it really worth getting abusive over and potentially risking a ban?

You told me to fuck off in no uncertain terms the other week, after an offhand comment about mobile phones. You apparently thought I was out of order, and to be honest, I definitely thought you were coming on a bit strong. Did either of us end up blocking the other? No. I for one wouldn't want to lose the contribution you make to the board, so I let it go.

Let it go, man...
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Noisybast on 14 November, 2009, 09:47:35 AM
You told me to fuck off in no uncertain terms the other week, after an offhand comment about mobile phones.

I'm not at all sure that I did, you know ... In fact, I've looked back over the last three weeks' posts and I'm pretty sure I didn't. Can you provide a link, please, because I'm mystified?

Dandontdare seems determined to find offence in my posts -- I'm assuming he's referring to the Yellow Hat exchanges over McMahon and the All Star Batman thread over the quality of Frank Miller's writing when he talks of the other threads where I have 'abused' posters, and I would refute such a claim quite vigorously.

I may have been a little -- ahem -- forthright in stating my case in those threads, largely in response to obtuse or provocative responses, but I have absolutely not abused the posters, and my suggestion about the Ignore list was based on the fact that Dandontdare seems to find the sight of me using the word 'fuck' offensive.

In which case, putting me on ignore would seem more reasonable than trying to hold me to a standard that is not imposed on anyone else.

There are one or two posters whose posts I cannot find value in. Others do, which is lovely, so I simply have those posters on 'Ignore' ... it stops me from getting wound up, means that I don't yield to the temptation to have a pop at them for behaviour that others (inexplicably, to me) find entertaining or amusing but which makes me want to go out and commit mass murder.

The ignore list is good for your blood pressure. Use it.

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 14 November, 2009, 08:42:00 AM
We like Market day. The last time we went to one we took our black markers with us as that's the best, oh hang on you meant market day. I thought you meant mark 'it' day ::)

People and their accents

A Black Market day would be good.

Once a month you can stall out and sell stolen property,illegal substances and merchandise of whatever description.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 14 November, 2009, 10:53:51 AM

I'm not at all sure that I did, you know ...

No. You're quite right, I did. Sorry about that.

Strangely, being lumped in with teenage girls and described as someone with "more money than sense" tends to get my back up. Who'd have thought, eh?

Cheers

Jim

Tiplodocus

I don't think there's any justification for the name calling - it's just plain rude.  No excuses for it. (I've probably done it myself in the past but try not to these days).

This is a form of distance communication, we don't *really* know the people involved that well, we miss out on all of teh subtleties of body language and visual communication tics and tone of voice so it's incredibly easy to get the wrong end of the stick.

Where you read "Thread please?" as him calling you a liar, I read it as one of the more forgetful members of the board asking to be reminded.

They often say that the best thing to do
- is NOT to assume offence
- be more tolerant and
- cut people more slack in this form of communication.

It goes for everybody.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Mike Gloady

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 14 November, 2009, 08:25:41 AM
I can't even remember what Mike's running question was now, if indeed it was about running!

As if by magic....

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 13 November, 2009, 09:11:00 PM
Had a thought earlier about rain and running.  If you're running, surely you'll interrupt (for want of a better word) more raindrops than you would if you were walking as you're running into them.  So you get wetter quicker.  But you also get to where you're GOING quicker, so you wouldn't get AS wet as you would if you were to walk the same route.  And you'd be warm, so you don't feel the cold and wet quite so much. 

I was trying to justify leaving off running by using dodgy logic.  I'll be going for one tomorrow, regardless of weather, but since I can't walk and run the same route at the same time tomorrow, can someone please help me out and discuss which way you'd get the wettest (and if it'd bother you with regards to chills, colds etc if you've got a hot shower waiting for you).

So, to summarise.  Will you get wetter if you're runing than if you're walking the same distnce.  Do you get wet quicker?  And doesit matter that much with regard to comfort as the cold water keeps your temperature down so you're able to run more comfortably?

Thouhts required.  About to go for a run.  In the wet.  I *was* going to cry off, but sod it, it won't be a long one.  Then a nice hot shower and fresh warm clothes.  Mmmmmmmm.

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 14 November, 2009, 08:25:41 AM
I love a good derailed thread, don't you?

I do indeed.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Jim_Campbell

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 14 November, 2009, 02:16:12 PM
So, to summarise.  Will you get wetter if you're runing than if you're walking the same distnce.  Do you get wet quicker?

Believe it or not, this has actually been the subject of serious scientific enquiry.

The conclusion? It depends.

Cheers!

Jim

Mike Gloady

Damn it.  I knew I should have done a proper sciency subject at uni.  That could have been MY PhD!

Right, enough time-wasting.  Off for a short run.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

vzzbux

Wow what the fuck has happened here. Away from the computer for a few days and all hell breaks loose. (the weather is shit here by the way).

If you don't voice your own opinions then you cant be heard, and you get walked over, Which is probably why I kept getting in the shit when I was in the army. If a few people get offended then so be it. That's life get used to it.

(Steps off soap box and runs away).

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

COMMANDO FORCES

Bolt-01

I honestly thought this was a necro-thread. Shows what I know.

I was also surprised to see that one of the most sensible suggestions was made by Roger of all people, who'd a thunk it?!

Personally I find that I don't even look at a review thread till I've read my prog- I'm not one for spoilers. Though I do like a review thread to actually have some reviews.

TordelBack

And this is what happen when absolute monarchs take paternity leave.  We need a Regent, stat.  I nominate Godpleton.